HD textures for SP-maps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aye without a doubt frostbite is the nicest map of the pack

i first played it long ago on polarite's Rquake coop servers and instantly fell in love with it
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
      I've accidentally deleted the textures for Swamp & Towne
      That's why programs like Undelete exist.
      ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
      ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

• I've accidentally cut and pasted the content into an USB pen: when I went to the home of a friend some hours ago to watch a movie together he told me "ehi what the f* is this? there is no movie in this pen drive!". Ok I was a real noob but at least textures are safe and uploaded very soon
        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• Whew!

Comment

• couple more textures done for frostbite

stnwll09/stnwll10 (same texture but 10 has snow on it) and snowflr1rt

door2 and lilwin02

i also added stnwll15, which is pretty much a duplicate of stnwll05
            (couldnt find where it was used anywhere in the map though)

just 4 more textures to go now, from which 2 are lights, one is a trim, and one is a door+doorway
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• After Frostbite, it would be nice if you could finish the packs for Arcanum Bonus Maps and Map Jam 2...

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                couple more textures done for frostbite
                As fan of the medium size maps, I am looking forward to checking this one out! I love that map.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

• Here's HD Textures for Swamp & Towne https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/rc2_3.html
                  I've included also .LIT files for coloured lights and lava (you can see it in screenshots below, in original .bsp was called lava but had a really weird dark green color using IKbase slime as texture, so I've "fixed" it with real cool lava). Download link here:
                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/zp5itz9auz...BLITS.rar?dl=0

more at: http://imgur.com/a/OGtad

I hope to release new version of Terra during this week, it's almost finished. Then it's the turn of Solarfall (a real joke, it uses Q1 textures with different names, with a script you can cover almost all the textures and saving a lot of MBS) and Hexameron part 1
                  Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• ive finished the HD texture-pack for frostbite

>click here for album with more pics<

as always, you can grab yourself a copy from first post in the thread

Comment

• it took a crap-load of editing to cut and shorten lines,
                      but i managed to add both texturepacks for terracity and for swamp&towne to the list

for any future texture-packs ill need a second post though to split the list over into though

EDIT: also that looks funky, to see kngygwin which is supposed to be a window get used as a rug instead

is it used as a window too in the same map-set, or is it only used as a rug?
                      if it isnt used any other way in that map-set ill see about making a rug-like version of it for Swamp&Towne
                      Last edited by talisa; 11-27-2016, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• i decided to make an custom version of wyndraxarch02 specially for frostbite

HrimFaxi used part of the right side of the texture which is originally not supposed to be used,
                        and i worked around that by widening the demon-face and extending it over to that part of the texture

looks much much better then how it looked before imo

i also realized that in the last release i forgot to convert the textures to tga, which loads faster in darkplaces compared to png

ive replaced the download-link with an updated version texture-pack which has all textures in TGA instead of PNG and includes the edited version of wyndraxarch02.

the edited version of wyndraxarch02 is inside its own custom folder so DP will show the regular version of the texture in any other maps that might use it

Comment

• Playing Frostbite with the hd-textures now!

Thanks Talisa!

Comment

• I'm going to play Frostbite! Your work is awesome. And about Swamp & Towne yes that texture is used as a rug (I was thinking of using the Hexen2 one, but decided to stick to the original). About the texture called edwoods, I've browsed through countless images and found nothing that satistfied me so I've decided to not change it. I'm thinking to make a new thread about HD textures with my release, so you can make more room for your stuff, of course I'll provide a link to this thread so people know where to find textures
                            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• couple of the torches in the tower were placed to far from the walls which bugged the hell out of me,
                              especially when using auto-aligned-torches feature from SMC it looks bad cuz those mis-aligned torches wont be attached to the wall at all

so i made an ent-file which fixes the position of those torches

i also included custom music taken from mageslayer as a bonus

download frostbite torches-fix + custom music
                              Last edited by talisa; 11-27-2016, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Nice!
                                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X