HD textures for SP-maps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ah gotcha
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Almost finished a Func Mapjam6 texture pack, it covers all maps except for

- jam6_ericwtronyn (too much textures plus on my pc it ran veeery slowly, I had to play it on Mark V engine to enjoy it)
      - jam6_rick
      - jam6_scampie

Talisa where you planning to release this? Because I don't want to interfere and I would like to have permission to release this pack
      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• oh i frankly completely forgot about mapjam6.......

ill throw what i had so far to you in a PM and you can see if there's any textures among them that you didnt have yet
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• I've noticed that the map All That Could Have Been by RPG https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/could.html uses the speedbz textures used in Terror Fuma, so I've decided to make the remaining texture and release an HD texture pack for it (it includes also the .lit file to have colored lights, and as you can see from screenshots the result is very good)

download link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8s4ywv5pod..._v1.0.pk3?dl=0

more screenshots at: And All That Could Have Been - Album on Imgur

Talisa in the texture pack readme/credits since I've used the the textures you've made for Terror Fuma I've put a link to the Arcane Dimensions thread and this thread as well
          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• Looking good BV, One of my favourite maps when playing on the Damage and New York RQuake coop servers Nice job

Please forgive the newbie question, but am I right in thinking that the PK3 will only ever get loaded when the could map is loaded? Unlike some of my more fortunate quake buddies, I only have very limited hardware to play Quake on, so I just want to make sure that its only loaded when needed. Could you confirm whether this is indeed the case.

Many thanks and keep up the good work BV (and Talisa of course )

Kind regards
            Monty
            Mr.Burns
            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

• @BV
              added to the list

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
                Looking good BV, One of my favourite maps when playing on the Damage and New York RQuake coop servers Nice job

Please forgive the newbie question, but am I right in thinking that the PK3 will only ever get loaded when the could map is loaded? Unlike some of my more fortunate quake buddies, I only have very limited hardware to play Quake on, so I just want to make sure that its only loaded when needed. Could you confirm whether this is indeed the case.

Many thanks and keep up the good work BV (and Talisa of course )

Kind regards
                Monty
                Yes, usually the custom maps are placed in the id1/maps directory, so the .pk3 file must be inside your main id1 folder.
                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• its the other fancy stuff like shaders, RT lights and particles that lower performance.
                  HD textures normally shouldnt cause any decrease in performance whatsoever

at least not unless any textures accidentially have an alpha-channel which will cause a lot of overdraw
                  because the engine will render all geometry thats behind any texture which has an alpha-channel

Comment

• I was able to finally retrieve some textures packs that I was thinking i have accidentally lost.....til some hours ago. My dropbox is full so from this moment all the new stuff I'll release will be uploaded on google drive. Tomorrow I hope to release a texture pack for Subterranean Siege (link here https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/sm36.html) and then will be the turn of Dawn of Eternity: my favourite single player map (the texture pack is already done and ready for upload, but I would prefer to upload it also with the custom monster skins)
                    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• And Subterranean Siege (https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/sm36.html) it's done. Here's the download link (it contains also the .lit file)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5b...ew?usp=sharing

more screenshots at: Subterranean Siege - Album on Imgur

There is also a skin for the Mega Enforcer here:
                      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...3V1Z2p0Y19MNjQ
                      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• added to the list

currently cant add anything more though, reached the character-limit of the post.

at least not without the help of a GM to bring my 3rd post in the thread up
                        (by removing the posts in between my 2nd and 3rd posts)

Comment

• That would be great, I've got Hexameron Phase One (almost done, 2 simple texture remaining), Dawn of Eternity (done) and The Occursed (done) and others will follow
                          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• Hello all,

Just wondering which (if any) of these texturepacks include normal maps (preferably with an alpha channel for reliefmapping).

I'm a big fan of relief/offsetmapping even though it murders performance on a strong rig.

Thanks

Comment

• some of icaro's texture-packs do include normals. mine however dont....

i dont really have any experience whatsoever with creating normal-maps & relief-maps,
                              and i feel diffuse textures are much more important than normals.

i have been experimenting with making normals a bit though in the past, but i have very little experience with normals.
                              once i experimented more to get a better understanding of how normals and relief-mapping work and how to make them,
                              i might maybe some day see about perhaps creating normals with reliefmaps embedded.

however its also a fuck-ton of extra work to also create normals for textures,
                              especially if you also add relief-mapping which doubles amount of work you have to do.

Comment

• This link in the fisrt post by Talisa is broken

DOWNLOAD RJ3 HD-TEX, can you fix it

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X