additional hud-icons for different weapon-models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• additional hud-icons for different weapon-models

i made additional replacement icons for hud which were inspired by seven's Fully transparent HUD+Menu

didnt like that the weapon-icons and armor-icons didnt match the models i used
    and that the powerup icons were for ruohis models instead of OoPpEe's models which i use,
    so i made my own custom icons for all the weapons and powerup-models that i use!

>DOWNLOAD TAL HUD UPDATE<

and by pringles request: ARMOR-ICONS FOR RUOHIS ARMOR

thought some of you over here might use the same models and would like these icons too

armor-icon is for makke's model http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...s/11595-a.html

super-shotgun icon is for the collab SSG i did with bloodshot

SuperNailGun icon is for plague's SNG model (working link here)

RocketLauncher icon is for valve's DMC RL conversion (cant share cuz of copyright, sorry)
    Last edited by talisa; 06-11-2015, 10:57 AM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Armor will do nicely, thank you! Although, I wonder, is it possible for you to do this with the Rouhis armor (the one that looks most like the original)?
    Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

@pringles
      sure, give me just a few and ill whip you up a set of icons for ruohis armor
      Last edited by talisa; 06-10-2015, 01:57 PM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Cool, thanks! ^.^
        Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

here you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8agaj43ho...armor.pk3?dl=0

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
            that powerup icons were for the old blocky ID-models instead of HD models
            talisa, you should not criticize things that you do not seem to understand. Pretending to be a fan of Ruohis work and then complain about it ?

You play a blocky game and then complain about blocky models ?
            What is the definition of "HD" for you ? Make it round whatever it costs ? Even if it looks silly and out of place ?

If you look at this screenshot, who do you think made the models:

And when you look at these icons, who´s models are those ?
            Do you see a connection ?

talisa, you seem to like everything "round" in a blocky world and call it "HD". That is your opinion and this is a free and open forum. So you can of course write everything you want. But please do not talk bad-mouth about other peoples work, only because they are not round like a bicycle wheel. Especially when those peoples work are better compared to yours.

Please be respectful. That is all I am trying to say.
            You are using other peoples work and textures for everything you make.
            So, in return you should be thankful and respectful.

"HD" does not mean "round". That seems to be a misunderstanding.
            Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
            Seven

Comment

@seven
              where did you ever see me talk bad about those models that the icons you made were for?
              i didnt say they are bad at all and i didnt say anything dis-respectful,
              i only said the icons you made are for models that are blocky looking compared to the models i use.

ill change the post to say 'ruohis models' instead of 'blocky ID models' though. apologies on that,
              i thought the pent+quad icons you made were for the original ID-models since ruohis quad & pent are more blocky looking

and i disagree on hi-poly models looking out of place in quake, but that is subjective of course.
              Last edited by talisa; 06-11-2015, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Good looking hud icons. Im just glad to see people still making new stuf for this old game.

The captain bubs model could use some pain faces if you get bored, and also the Female Quake model (cory) could use them too.

I was looking for someone to try and make new weapon images for the Quake1 Arena mod I run from time to time, but if I remember right, putting q3 models in a q1 mod was frowned on here so Im not sure if I ought to ask.

Comment

huh i can't imagine why. i think that the more that you can put in the game, the better it'll fare in the long run.
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
                  X