Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RTLights for custom maps and episodes, more to come...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added Nastrond, fixed link for Breakfast at Twilight. Almost finished "A Roaming Wildebeast in Spain"
    Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 12-08-2015, 06:54 AM.
    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

your RTlights pk3 for 'kjsp1 - Avanipaala Praasaada' contains a copy of the RTlights for the IKspq mapset instead
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
        your RTlights pk3 for 'kjsp1 - Avanipaala Praasaada' contains a copy of the RTlights for the IKspq mapset instead
        Oh no, another wrong upload by me! Check the link now to see if now it works.
        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

now the correct RTlights are in the pk3
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

just tried your RTlights for kjsp1....
            you should change all the outside lights to actually cast shadows
            the whole points of RTlights is having realistic lighting and shadows

ESPECIALLY outdoor lights should have shadows, and all your outdoor lights competely lack shadows,
            which makes the whole level look flat and makes that you can barely see any difference with RTlights enabled or disabled

and in contrast the lights you added to torches look just waaay to bright.
            they're torches, not huge campfires.... the lighting from them shouldnt be so strong.

i went ahead and edited your RTlights for kjsp1 to give all lights shadows and adjusted position of some of the lights,
            mainly moving a bunch of them higher for more realistic lighting and shadows

results:

here is the updated RTlights file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hahf2ayp0d....rtlights?dl=0

suggested setting for 'RT world lightmaps' is 0.5

Comment

just tried your RTlights for kjsp1....
              you should change all the outside lights to actually cast shadows
              the whole points of RTlights is having realistic lighting and shadows

ESPECIALLY outdoor lights should have shadows, and all your outdoor lights competely lack shadows,
              which makes the whole level look flat and makes that you can barely see any difference with RTlights enabled or disabled

and in contrast the lights you added to torches look just waaay to bright.
              they're torches, not huge campfires.... the lighting from them shouldnt be so strong.

i went ahead and edited your RTlights for kjsp1 to give all lights shadows and adjusted position of some of the lights,
              mainly moving a bunch of them higher for more realistic lighting and shadows

results:

here is the updated RTlights file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hahf2ayp0d....rtlights?dl=0

suggested setting for 'RT world lightmaps' is 0.5
              Thanks, I'll update my link with yours. Well, I'm updating many versions of my previous RTlights releases, and I'm planning indeed to have more shadows. Today is the turn of Mexx9 and Masque of Red Death
              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

sures

ill look into updating your RTlights for the IKSPQ map-set some time soon, and also for arcanum

the in-game RTlights editor from nahuel & _smith_'s CSQC hud is perfect for making simple edits like those

its easy to use and you can instantly see any changes you make
                Last edited by talisa; 12-09-2015, 06:52 AM.

Comment

sures

ill look into updating your RTlights for the IKSPQ map-set some time soon, and also for arcanum

the in-game RTlights editor from nahuel & _smith_'s CSQC hud is perfect for making simple edits like those
                  Yeah, I use that editor too. Masque of Red death RTlights are updated to version 1.1 (link in my first page). Also gallery is updated.
                  Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 12-09-2015, 07:09 AM.
                  Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Updated A Roman Wilderness of Pain RTlights to version 1.1. Also updated the texture pack (link in Talisa's thread) and the gallery
                    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Updated Red777, Ivory Tower, Horde of Zendar with new and improved RTlights. New screenshots in my gallery
                      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Updated Gloomier Keep (E1M5quotha), Mexx9, Retrojam1 and updated their gallery. Added The Elderworld Waystation and The Final Threat.

ELDER WORLD WAYSTATION

see more at: http://imgur.com/a/hU1Bl

THE FINAL THREAT:

see more at: The Final Threat - Album on Imgur
                        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Added Necrobrood

see more at: Necrobrood - Album on Imgur
                          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Sweet!
                            WARNING
                            May be too intense for some viewers.
                            Stress Relief Device
                            ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                            ---------------------------
                            .--------------------------

Comment

Coming soon: ZERSTORER

Not only RTlights but also: HD textures, optional soundtrack, bugfixes, particle torches and optional skyboxes
                              Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 01-08-2016, 02:08 PM.
                              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

RTlights for Perception done

Complete gallery at: Perception - Album on Imgur

Download link in first page as always
                                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X