Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RTLights for custom maps and episodes, more to come...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds good! Looking forward to it.

There were a few spots in bbelief4 that are completely pitch black (without lightmaps). There aren't any visible light sources (aside from maybe the demon face texture - the luma does look really cool in the pitch black though) so i'm not sure if a realistic way of adding rtlights to these areas is feasible. I know with romis/inkub0's id1 lights there often are areas that don't have visible light sources but are still lit in some way. I have never attempted making rtlights or using the editor so i have no idea about the process behind this.

Maybe I'll just play em with lightmaps though I fear certain areas may be a bit bright. We'll see!
    Last edited by Lucifex; 03-28-2017, 03:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucifex View Post
      Sounds good! Looking forward to it.

There were a few spots in bbelief4 that are completely pitch black (without lightmaps). There aren't any visible light sources (aside from maybe the demon face texture - the luma does look really cool in the pitch black though) so i'm not sure if a realistic way of adding rtlights to these areas is feasible. I know with romis/inkub0's id1 lights there often are areas that don't have visible light sources but are still lit in some way. I have never attempted making rtlights or using the editor so i have no idea about the process behind this.

Maybe I'll just play em with lightmaps though I fear certain areas may be a bit bright. We'll see!
      Almost finished Mexx9, they're done with lightmaps 0 and r_shadow_bouncegrid to 1: I'm playng and testing it at the same time (I don't play Mexx9 from years, and I still love it) and performs very well without any framerate drop.
      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• Good to hear!

Yeah I love mexx9 especially that start map. Just oozes with dark atmosphere. Looking forward to the final product.

Comment

• Experimenting with a new set for RTlights for Rapture, using 2016 Darkplaces autobuild, lightmaps set to 0 and the command r_shadow_bouncegrid 1. First image is with bloom set on off, while the other one has bloom effect enabled. Look very nice. Oh and I've used a skybox that fit perfectly with the map (unfortunately you see only a small part in the screenshots)

Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
          X