Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrutalMod (v 0.1) (Jmappy mod)

Well this mod is currently in very early stage

This mod was born as an add -on for the jmappy of madgipsy then I occurred to make it an single mod . I also added the map of MadGipsy (which is great ) Jmappy map will include special features!

think on it as a proto Brutal Quake.

a long time did nothing to quake I think quite definitely that if I get to finish this will be my last mod for quake!

I will add many new features, I will repair many bugs and I will add another stuff.

Brutalmod only will run in darkplaces engine.

This mod is currently just SSQC, CSQC implementation will be added in the future.

Source included. Aniway the code is very ugly at the moment

In the future releases this will be fixed!

I know this is a very early stage, aniway please check it!! Maybe will be fun for you

This mod is dedicated to MadGipsy, Seven and Adam

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...npmNVVZRGVkRDg
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

@this map is dedicated to seven, gypsy & adam

I'll dedicate playing it to you
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Enjoyed your mod nahuel.

Comment

do not forget to test the new lighning textures!

syluxman2803

Comment

Liked THEM! I thought they were a nice little touch.

Comment

Very good! I like the lightning texture,
            Very fun!

Comment

i did take it from open arena! so it's gpl, i am glad you like the mod guys!

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                ... I think quite definitely that if I get to finish this will be my last mod for quake!
                Hello Nahuel,

If you quit, we will lose the most creative, inventive and imaginative Quake modder of the newer generation.
                You gave us endless ideas and the associated implementation. An all time inspiration.
                Especially showing what advanced engines are capable of and what can be done with their extensions.

Your code was always a real mess
                But that is what an creative artist is about: The idea and getting it done is important in the end.
                Not the formatting, beauty and readability of the code. Just recently a very wise man told me that.

I see that some of your older ideas are implemented, like the "material mod" as well as others.

What I always admired about you was your modesty and taking yourself not too seriously. That is what you do not find too often nowadays. I feel very much like you in this regard.

Thank you Nahuel, for everything you have done for and with us !

Your friend.

Comment

The truth is I'm a little tired (after some years) of quake.
                  Thank you very much you for your excellent -and neat- way to make mods.
                  I learned a lot from all of you, and not only about quake
                  Last edited by nahuel; 03-11-2018, 11:09 PM.

syluxman2803

Comment

I respect all of that, Nahuel. I'm about where you are and share many of your issues, as well as your transitions and mindframe. I think there comes a point in everyone's life where they simply outgrow the past, even if the past was filled with our passions. Personally, I feel that it all happens for a reason and sets the stage for the next level of our development. The years we spent here have taught us greatly how to accomplish numerous things but, those things have more modern implications, and where we choose to spend our time and participate will determine our place and success within those new paradigms. It's kind of like quakeone is kindergarten through 12th grade and there comes a point where you have to decide if you want to go to college or stay in highschool forever.

PS> I don't know what wise words I have ever said but, if you ever gained something from my thoughts or expressions, I'm glad I was able to help.
                    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Best wishes to you Nahuel! Please consider this place a sanctuary when and if you need it.

Comment

Working...
                      X