No announcement yet.

Arcane Dimensions -HD overhaul-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah.... and to add to that, some AD maps are completely open meaning the entire map is constantly rendered...
    which will make RTlights pretty much impossible as ALL lights in the map would be constantly rendered which will be murder on your framerate
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Here's AD_E2M7:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2315y8sn0..._V1.1.pk3?dl=0

And here all 8 player skins recoloured for AD:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fdgvzq5a1...Skins.pk3?dl=0

Since you often find dead marines, this comes very handy
      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
        yeah.... and to add to that, some AD maps are completely open meaning the entire map is constantly rendered...
        which will make RTlights pretty much impossible as ALL lights in the map would be constantly rendered which will be murder on your framerate
        I'm confused. If you have a giant open map, don't you basically just need one (or very few) light source (the sun)?

Comment

i dont use capnbubs player-model..... but im sure some do like to use it,
          so ive added them to the list

also..... i just made skins for ruohis grunt-model for AD

@enderandrew

for a modern game with a modern engine, the answer would be yes.....

but darkplaces is an old game which doesnt support such thing as a realtime sun and natural ambient lightning,
          and automatically adding light-sources to lights in a map is impossible because most lights in quake are just brushes with a lamp-texture (beside the obvious torches)
          so you need to add lots of small lights by hand to light up all parts of a map, which can amount to an absolutely massive amount of lights for a big map....
          which can cause the engine to come to a crawl if its a big open map and a lot of lights are all visible at the same time
          Last edited by talisa; 02-02-2017, 02:11 PM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Which model do you use for player? The model I used before this had graphical glitches
            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

i personally use ruohis model for the player (which is also included with the SMC)

before that i used the player-model by M00 & OoPpEe for a long time

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...n-choices.html

its a really great-looking model, but sadly its missing most of the death-animations -__-
              so i switched over to ruohis player-model after finding out about the missing death-animations

OoPpEe also made a grunt replacement using the same model though, which is really nice
              http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...yer-model.html
              the model and textures are delightfully creepy and the animations are great, like a limping braindead creep
              Last edited by talisa; 02-04-2017, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                @enderandrew

for a modern game with a modern engine, the answer would be yes.....

but darkplaces is an old game which doesnt support such thing as a realtime sun and natural ambient lightning,
                and automatically adding light-sources to lights in a map is impossible because most lights in quake are just brushes with a lamp-texture (beside the obvious torches)
                so you need to add lots of small lights by hand to light up all parts of a map, which can amount to an absolutely massive amount of lights for a big map....
                which can cause the engine to come to a crawl if its a big open map and a lot of lights are all visible at the same time
                While Quake is quite old, I thought engines like Darkplaces used more modern methods. Maybe the lighting system will get an overhaul at some point.

If some of the rtlights don't make sense in all AD maps, would it make sense to at least do some, or at least use .dlit files generated with something like hmap2?

Comment

@enderandrew
                  DarkPlaces still uses the openGL renderer, so yeah......
                  not exactly a very modern render

anyway.... i finished the texture-pack for Per Asperi Ad Inferi (AD_lavatomb)

as usual, find link to download in first post of thread

like always, keep in mind that there are NO duplicate textures included...
                  so if you experience missing textures, make sure you have all previously-released texture-packs installed

Comment

Excellent! Going to replay AD_lavatomb!
                    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

ill see about editing the pendulums i made for rogue some time soon to make the versions used in AD,
                      which look like they are pretty much identical except for having the attachment piece at top

should hoefully be easy enough to add that one piece, since could litterally just add a single cylinder at top

Comment

just finished fixing up the pendulums i previously made for rogue for use with AD

you can find link at start of thread under "HD models"

Comment

just added obi-wan's HD shalrath model to the list, with 2nd skin by SS, and pink skin by me.
                          and i also added a set of skins for ID1 zombie by reforged, fraggers & ogro!

i also started on an HD texture-pack for Ionous' & Pulsar's "Leptis Magna"

Comment

I have an unfinished version, would you take a look at it? Maybe there's something useful, should I upload it here?
                            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

just throw it to me in a PM i guess, maybe you got some textures done that i didnt do yet

Comment

I've got ready some HD textures packs, but my space on dropbox is almost finished. Can you host the AD texture packs I've uploaded on your dropbox? If it's not a problem of course.
                                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X