• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch Have you told Baker about this?
    ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
    ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Oooh, Mark V looks attractive, then. I'll make sure to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
        Dutch Have you told Baker about this?
        No. My computer isn't a good test subject. Its around 14 years old.
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Still, he might want to know about this decrease in performance.

Comment

Dutch and Mugwump
            Exactly, because I'm using a decade-old laptop! Every frame matters.

Comment

See, Dutch? You're not alone in the P-C PC (Pre-Cambrian PC) department. You should warn Baker.

Comment

Exactly, I even had to play Quake at 3fps on some parts, I barely killed those monsters with a grenade launcher. xd
                It wasn't a problem, though, only wizards, zombies and demons (as in monster_demon1, not sure how they're called xd).

The problem was caused by dynamic lights. I typed r_dynamic 0 but it only turned off those lights which are emitted by explosions, rockets etc.

Anyway, going to post some screenshots of the map soon...

Comment

Demon = Fiend
                  Wizard = Scrag
                  Shalrath = Vore
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Okay. :3
                    So, there were only fiends, scrags and vores, so my framerate didn't give me issues.
                    Anyway, I have some screenshots:

I've added some more custom textures, ready to be used in the map.

The pillows and the blanket weren't a problem at all:

I have a Panasonic air conditioner in my room, so...

My mapping skills are turning into modelling skills.
                    But yeah, the toilet needs some shape, because it doesn't look too well on one part.

Also, if you're asking, yes, this is a part of the map. It's just a secret, haha. Next, I'll work on other rooms, and then I'll start going after the rest of the map.

Comment

Well, I've installed Mark V and it doesn't launch that well.
                      I was monitoring it in Task Manager, and mark_v.exe runs for a while, and then just shuts down.

I guess I'll stick to DirectQ unless Mark V works. Also, QS is Quakespasm, right?
                      Edit: Yeah, I've tried out Quakespasm and it works perfectly.
                      Last edited by Admer456; 08-28-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Well, I can send Baker a bug report but I need to know some things first:
                        - Did you use Mark V's latest DX9 executable?
                        - What are the specifics of your system? Processor, graphics card, OS.

Comment

Admer456 i know this is an old thread... but you mentioned colored lighting? are you compiling this as HLBSP? quake doesnt support colored lighting afaik. it supports .lit lighting... but that kind of sucks.

Comment

ceriux
                            That's exactly what I meant with coloured lighting - .lit lighting. I know that Quake doesn't support 'real' coloured lighting.
                            I'm using TyrUtils-ericw for the whole compiling process.

Lastly, this is an old thread because it was posted a while ago. But I returned to working on this map for reasons I don't remember, so the thread sort of got 'revived'.

Mugwump
                            1. I downloaded at quakeone.com/markv/, so I think it is?
                            I didn't just try the DX9 .exe, but also all the other ones.

2. My specs:
                            CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.2GHz
                            GPU: Intel GMA 965 (a.k.a. Intel GMA X3100 Mobile)

In short, when I launch any of the 4 Mark V executables, and their RAM usage climbs up to 11MB (and freezes there), they just shut down after 10 to 15 seconds. Without any windows popping up, of course.

Comment

Admer456 so using TryUtils-ericw to compile lets you choose where the colored lights go? i remember having to generate a .lit file with some tool that did all the work on its own... horrible imo.. everything over saturated and sometimes things lit wrongly... are you able to choose the saturation of your colors or if you make a blue like its like really BLUE? if so would you mind explaining you process? i use trenchbroom...

Comment

ceriux
                                I assume that the compilers automatically generate a .lit file if there are any light entities in the map with a _color keyvalue, or something like that.
                                I don't use Trenchbroom, though.

J.A.C.K. FTW.
                                Or, to make you feel like home:

I just prefer doing it in SmartEdit mode where I don't need to add the keyvalues manually.

You cannot choose saturation like real saturation, but i.m.o. it's more defined by the colour of the light.
                                Also, do not forget to play around with the compiler itself, I'm referring to the many parameters here.

I use some parameter presets that I made:

I'm sure that you can do similar stuff in Trenchbroom, regarding the parameters.
                                So, the process is mostly automatic. You put a light entity, define a _color value (which is from 0.0 to 1.0, it's a ratio of those 3 colours, RGB), and then the TyrUtils-ericw light compiler generates a .lit file during the compilation. It's pretty simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X