• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why, thanks! I appreciate it, Seven
    www.youtube.com/user/KillPixel

Comment

Wow, this is looking great. Great job! I love it
      When can we expect demo or some more info?

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Comment

Thanks Soulmarine Demo should be out Q1 2018. I'll put out another dev vid in a few months.
        www.youtube.com/user/KillPixel

Comment

If you are able to finish this, i will pay gladly for it with all the money i can grab from other peoples pockets (not serious). It looks good, it ain't a military railshooter-cutscene-masturbation, it has G O R E, it is beuti... baueti... beuatiful... more than just nice. I wish you good progress and a steady motivation :-)

I now go and dream a little about a cardboard box -wrapped retail version with 90s handdrawn art, 900 floppy disks, a thick handbook.
          I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
          My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

Comment

Originally posted by TheKillingJoke View Post
            900 floppy disks
            ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
            ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Mugwump
              I loved to take the discettes out of the game boxes. I think one floppy was able to save 300 kb, a discette 1.5 Mb.

KillPixel
              Good Evening. You asked three questions in your post about your game in developement. I took some time to think about my answears, here they are:

Are you interested in retro-styled FPS games?
              Yesclearlyabsolute.

If so, what is something you want to see in this type of game?
              - Unconventional / fantasy weapons: Something that shoots a small swarm of creatures, which eat the enemy for example. Or the Stakegun from the Painkiller games. The Fallout 3 Railway rifle was also a nice thing. Or a nice wrap around if you make standard projectile weapons, like it was done in Prey, where they added living, organic parts to the weapons.
              - Things like jumppads, teleporters, slides, windtunnels and other possibilities to move the player around by not walking or using a vehicle. It can be great fun and raises the skill requirement for the player.
              - Lore. I remember some shooters who added small text snippets in the loading screens or other possibilities to get some info on the story, the world, the monsters and the weaponry. I really liked that. It was a nice way to deliver a simple story.
              - Fast movement. Today a lot of shooters feel like the player is wading through honey or goo.
              - 30 shades of red (blood 'n gore).
              - B O S S E S !

What is something you do not want to see?
              - Conventional weapons or modern weapons. The umpteenth mp5 specsopmodx53b/2 with extra highlighted ironsights and online-shop purchasable neonpink desertcamo skin. Luckily you took another direction in art.
              - Attempts to create "realism". This world can be so much more colorful with dark fantasy and horror genre creatures (well, sometimes unicorns are ok too). I can only speak for myself but when it comes to shooters all the fake-realism kills the fun for me.
              - bloated keyconfig for extra-special abilities. WASD, LMB, Space, Esc. 's 'nough.
              - weak, useless weapons.
              - military themes. Real-life military is one of the most snooziest things in video games for me.
              - vehicle-sequences.

Hm... i just mainly described Quake.
              Have a good night/day, whatever your timezone is.
              I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
              My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

Comment

Working...
              X