No announcement yet.

Arenagate Q3DM1 Remake for Arcane Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybelline a Spear cannon? Though i like your idea of a stake gun. That was a weapon i really liked in the old Painkiller Games.
    I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
    My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

Comment

Crossbow Work In progress Model Test:
      (Instructions and Readme is inside the archive)

DOWNLOAD

Screenshot from QME
      Capture.JPG

Comment

That is a very nice xbow! Love the string. If you can mod AD into using a 5th ammo type, it would be a great addition! (In fact I remember that adding a xbow was discussed when Sock was making AD, too bad he decided not to do it) You could even make AD's xbow knights drop some arrows when they die.
        ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
        ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
          That is a very nice xbow! Love the string. If you can mod AD into using a 5th ammo type, it would be a great addition! (In fact I remember that adding a xbow was discussed when Sock was making AD, too bad he decided not to do it) You could even make AD's xbow knights drop some arrows when they die.
          New ammotypes are easy...the problem is the HUD. To display a HUD graphic for crossbow bolts or whatever would require some engine modification, since the engine currently only displays 4 (shells, cells, nails, rockets). If you could live with the HUD displaying nothing but a number, then this is fairly easy coding, but I have a small case of OCD and I can't handle an ammotype without a HUD picture lol.

BTW that crossbow model is badass!

Also, yes you can animate a model with different skins. In QME, place all of the different skins into the same group. The engine should cycle through them in-game if I remember correctly.
          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

for darkplaces you could make a custom hud with CSQC to display an additional icon for the additonal weapon and type of ammo

or you could abuse the -hipnotic parameter like quoth does to make the engine use the hipnotic hud which includes an additional icon for the laser-cannon,
            and you could swap out the laser-cannon icon for a custom icon for the crossbow
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Can -hipnotic be used with AD? If so, it would be the best solution: it's not good practice to limit a mod to only one engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
                Can -hipnotic be used with AD? If so, it would be the best solution: it's not good practice to limit a mod to only one engine.
                This depends on the engine. I think QuakeSpasm doesn't have any issues with it, I remember doing this with Quoth. In fact, the Quoth readme tells you to do this. Your commandline includes -game Quoth -game hipnotic. However, I tried this on MarkV and couldn't get it to work. In short, if you can't make it happen without combining mods or using DP, then it likely will not be engine independent.

And even if you used the hipnotic trick, would that solve the ammotype graphic issue? I think rogue was the pack that inroduced new ammo, not sure about hipnotic.

On a side note, I think it's ridiculous a faithful style engine with QC control of the HUD doesn't exist. Using DP to simply add a HUD graphic is like using a Howitzer cannon to shoot ground squirrels. Way overkill.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                  -game Quoth -game hipnotic.
                  Are you sure this is the correct syntax? I was under the impression that the argument was -hipnotic, not -game hipnotic...

When QS runs Quoth, it automatically enables the -hipnotic arg, so you don't actually need to specify it as long as you have -game quoth in your commandline. I bet this is where Mark V differs, and it's no surprise it's not working if you typed the wrong arg.

I think you may be right about the rogue thing.

Comment

I could definitely be wrong. Next time I'm on my computer I'll look at the quoth readme. I remember in the MarkV source code it looks for the game type hipnotic to display the new HUD graphics. Same for rogue and quoth itself.

Comment

Nice, thanks for the feedback....
                      Well....In theory I could use hipnotic for Extra weapon icon...
                      I will look it up...but for now my priority are maps.... Xbow was just an idea to add a railgun-ish weapon to AD..

In addition to multiplayer, I'm also planning to "merge" multiple (remaked) Q3 maps for singleplayer, Arenagate will be main Hub/Start map

Comment

Working...
                      X