My "everything" app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch ~ get a lot of enjoyment out of it

No doubt. When I said stock QC is bullshit I didn't mean in an LOLCODE way. I just meant it is seriously lacking a lot of language features.

@~ how is the rewrite going

I took the night off last night. Ive been programming every free minute for months with no pause. Between just Monday and Tuesday this week alone I guarantee you I put in 30 something hours. Only some of those hours were for my parser though. The rest of those hours were spent dealing with SQLite and trying to make an Object replace creational queries. I want to be able to dump an Object into a class and have it reproduce the Object structure as database tables with the proper typing. On one hand...super easy, on another...very tricky. The tricky part comes in when you start dealing with constraints, like primary and foreign keys.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Dutch ~ carryover touch vars/extra fields
      Something tells me that you should seriously learn how to use typedefs and enums.

Comment

I worked on my Object parser some last night and tightened some stuff up. I thought I had uints working but, they were only working in a Vector.<uint>. I fixed that and it was harder than I thought it would be. parseFloat and parseInt are built-ins for my language but, there is no parseUInt. I basically had to write my own. Since my system primarily relies on type inference to create a uint you simply make a non-floating point number that is too big to be an int.

I made some other upgrades. XML and ByteArray are part of the AMF3 specs. I had XML included in my parse but, I took it out. My Objects can do everything XML can do times 10 so that format is useless IMO. I did not have bytes included because how are you going to type bytes? Well, I actually figured out how to sort of type bytes. My include statements are now positionally replaced. Wherever you put an include that exactly where the guts of the target will be dumped soooo, you can simply include bytes after a field. This​​​This made me realize that technically my objects can double as an autoload library so, now that's a thing.

After, looking at where QC classes have gotten I was inspired to do better on my conditions and loops. I completely dumped everything about it...syntax, code, everything and started writing a new parser that can parse code. For the life of me I have never been able to figure how to parse to a function but I can do everything else. I have some work ahead but my programmable objects will have some script features.

Comment

This is funny. A new guy at work has been claiming he is a programmer. I knew he was full of shit so, I showed him a bunch of code and started calling things the wrong thing, like pointing to a function and calling it an array. He was lock, stock and barrel on board with all of my bullshit. I then asked him what language he programs in... He said Linux...LOL!. I said Linux is an operating system. He said no, it was a language first. They had to make the language to make the OS. I decided I wasn't going to stop til he admitted he was FOS. I googled Linux and read out loud to him how it was written in C, was always an OS and there never was or is a language called Linux. This dude is STILL trying to claim that his bullshit is facts regardless of actual facts.

I'm losing faith in humanity one terrible bullshit "artist" at a time.

Comment

Yeah that's human hubris for ya. I learned at a young age to admit when I'm wrong. The only thing worse than a dumbass is a lying dumbass.
            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

This dude does nothing but, lie. The worst part is that many of his lies can be vetted with nothing but a phone. I have made him look like a complete dumbass on at least 4 occasions and this fool is still trying to lie to me. He has million dollar contracts with the state buuuut he works for 8 bucks an hour in the shittiest kitchen I have ever worked in. He owns houses in numerous states but, he doesn't even drive...and he works for 8 bucks an hour. If I had numerous houses I would have numerous incomes. Just everything about this guy is laughable. He is the 'most successful' schlepp I have ever met. I think the funniest part is, when challenged on his bullshit, there is always some sob story about how none of his claims can be used to upgrade his current situation. For instance his 'million dollar contracts with the state' are all under review. He can't mortgage or borrow against any of his homes due to blah blah blah lielielie...on and on. The dude is a cartoon.

Comment

Hahaha yeeaahhhh...I knew someone like that. Only it wasn't so much about what he is doing, it's what he's already done. He's that guy when we're all sitting around the fire at deer camp who will leap at the first lull in a conversation to tell us about the 30-some-odd trophy bucks he shot with only 20-some-odd rounds of ammo over the last 5 years...that kinda shit.

Comment

For fucks sake, if you're gonna spam a thread with bullshit ads USE PROPER ENGLISH.

Comment

Lol, this board is such a wreck I don't even care. I think the shit is kinda funny actually. I like the bot that is going to follow the introduce yourself thread like it's a project. It's like seriously confused bot comic relief.

PS...you are screaming at a bot, bro. I don't think it's gonna report back to it's creator or anything.

It would be funny if it did though

Dutch say English is no.

best regards
                    Priya Gupta working with cyberops - India's leading cyber security and cyber crime consultancy firm.
                    Last edited by MadGypsy; 11-03-2017, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Yeah I know it's a bot. I posted that on the almost non-existent chance the writer of this bot happens to locate this post, he can rest assured I think he's a fucking idiot.

Anyways...I was going to futher your "this board is a wreck" comment but I'm done beating a dead fucking horse. For now, anyways.

Comment

Actually there is a little bit more activity again, imho. Not much but notable.
                        I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
                        My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

Comment

Working...
                        X