• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zpimp
    replied
    played a little (first 3 episodes)
    i just added one shot kill, weapon zoom, and grapple hook

im playing vanilla quake without texture packs, im amazed of how much details can be added and how much difference does it make, yet the mod is still small in size and low detail enough to be playable on low-end hardware

if i can make a suggestion, keep it this way (small size and playable on low end hardware)

i cant imagine how much work this took, this is exactly what i wanted

found one bug:
    http://quake.wikia.com/wiki/Knight
    2 instances, when i cut off the hand of the knight, the hand without sword, it seems hes becoming run-through and can only be killed by splash damage of rocket launcher

is there a way to make monsters gib every time ?

Leave a comment:

• TheKillingJoke
    replied
    FireBullets is called by the grunts, no other monster uses a hitscan attack, as far as i remember. And yes, your assumption about the Doomshotgunfireblah thingyfunction is right :-)

Leave a comment:

• zpimp
    replied
    i have only modified firebullets straight in PM_FireDoomShotgun function
    FireBullets (1, dir, '0.0001 0.0001 0', 1000);
    and seems to be enough

i assume pm_firedoomshotgun is only used by the player, and w_fireshotgun is used by monsters?

Leave a comment:

• TheKillingJoke
    replied
    Hello zpimp,
    you can make the shotgun into a powerful rifle by changing the red zero in this line:

FireBullets (3, dir, '0.04 0.04 0', 0);

in the fundtion called
    void() FireShotgun =
    to a higher number.

Note, that you have to replace the function call in
    void() W_Attack =
    from
    PM_FireDoomShotgun();
    to
    FireShotgun();

Then you can play around with the spread settings and bullet counts in the FireBullets call
    in the function.

void() FireShotgun =

FireBullets (3, dir, '0.04 0.04 0', 0);

Have fun,
    TKJ.

Leave a comment:

• zpimp
    replied
    im trying to change the shotgun damage, i tried 100 shots with 0.0001 0.0001 spread , not changing shell damage
    modifying w_fireshotgun seems to do nothing, what should i change?

wanted to do something like a sniper/railgun, but since im not that advanced to add another weapon
    something like 1 shot kill

edit: very nice work, and its running well on linux core2duo, ati x1550 ~60fps with darkplaces some lighting disabled

Leave a comment:

• TheKillingJoke
    replied
    Hehe. Thanks, maybe i will . Mainly modding for the fun of it but hey, why not. This already became more than i expected. I have so many ideas and so little time. I even took a quick n sorry detour to have a look at sagdoll, which is brilliant but would take ages to weave Into this. I didn't even made the stuff of my initial list.

Edit: Note to self: never comment with cellphone again.
    Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 10-13-2017, 04:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ceriux
    replied
    yoo this update looks really cool. you should start a moddb page and see if you can get any new followers!

Leave a comment:

• TheKillingJoke
    replied
    What i did for v 0.5 so far:

- Explosions have now the chance to throw things around, may it be monsters, gibs or players.
    - added GYRO 2.20 with _very_ basic physics for monsters, explosions, projectiles & gibs.
    - dead corpses are now gibbable with any weapon and don't block other enemies. Still needs a lot of tweaking to feel and look ok.
    - dead corpses and gibs now align with their ground, thanks to spikes code
    - to make things more spicy, each monster now has an increased randomised health amount.
    - added more death variations by combining particles, pain, walking & death frames with dismemberment models (kinda brutal).
    1-4 new combinations of walking/shooting/painframe/swinging melee weapon after death. Imagine getting sawed by a decapitated ogre :-)
    - replaced one dismemberment model for the soldier.
    - added explosion debris.
    - all explosions can set things on fire.
    - added falling sounds and footsteps for all monsters and the player.
    - The half of your fired shotgun pellets will now pierce the target.
    - added particle effects for all weapons, weapon projectiles, explosions and water splashes.
    - finally fixed my glorious weapon-pickup bug. By removing the weapons.
    - Added the dismemberment for the zombie.
    - reduced the velocity for gibs when producing them with explosive weapons.
    - made new weapon and armor pickup models - Dead Rangers you can loot
    - added the short range teleporter
    - monster now only loose a limb if under a certain health threshhold.

What i still have to do to v 0.5:
    1 second slowmo when using the Short Range Teleporter.
    Make the last 4 monsters bleed from their wounds.
    Rework the Nailguns and Super Nailguns impact.
    Rework some Gyro forces on projectiles.
    Nailgun & Super Nailgun death-animations.
    Make monsters bleed from their dismemberment wounds (5 Monsters to go).

Here is a video with some of the new features, like physics, tweaked particles, patched animations.:

Leave a comment:

• TheKillingJoke
    replied

Dismemberment / Disarm.
    Some enemies can now live on after loosing a limb. Some will loose any ability to attack, other types, like the ogre, will resort to another attack
    they have. For example, whenever an ogre looses his chainsaw ar, he will go into a grenade-rampage. The Demon will only use his remaining arm.
    A Shambler ... well, the Shambler (the only one left to set up for this) can only loose limbs if the player has a Quad Damage rune. Zombies can
    even fight on with only one arm left.

Here you can see what mess the current state of this mod can make.

Had a lot of fun and a lot of frustration while making this :-)

Leave a comment:

• TheKillingJoke
    replied
    Oops... i should learn to read in depth
    Anyway, i'm on Darkplaces now and will stick to it.

Leave a comment:

• ceriux
    replied
    Originally posted by TheKillingJoke View Post
    Finally switched to darkplaces, because i will need the attachment system later.
    Been working on some particle effects. Not final, but a start:
    hey just read this i think fte supports darkplaces setattachment.

Leave a comment:

• TheKillingJoke
    replied
    The only thing i saw was, that the kick animation scene in the player model was turned 90° to the right. But it was easy to show the Ranger where he should place his boot to flatten Monster noses :-) I use no payer replacement skin atm. But i will try one and report back.

Leave a comment:

• ceriux
    replied
    I mean the v_model if it is off i could be wrong.

Oh and btw i think you should be able to use your texture replacements on the leg as well. I think it just uses the player skin i could be wroong but you could try.
    Last edited by ceriux; 09-19-2017, 01:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheKillingJoke
    replied
    Hello Ceriux,
    thanks for the permission anyway :-)
    I didn't notice a faulty leg-point. Do you mean the v_ model or the player character animation?

Progress video with the particle effects: https://vimeo.com/234458989
    You can see the particle effects, the kick function, sliding, a new weapon (with a model by preach) and some painloops, which renders an enemy unable to act.
    Meanwhile i made the blood clouds more transparent.
    I have to redo some of the particlefont, because the blood is too generic in my taste. I messed it up a few days ago after having fancy ideas :-)
    Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 09-19-2017, 02:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ceriux
    replied
    yeah, that models available for anyone.

edit: i heard at one point the leg and its animations we're facing the wrong direction. if its the case let me know and i can fix it fairly quick and easy.
    Last edited by ceriux; 09-17-2017, 02:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X