Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really like the flame thrower

Comment

Weapons models look nice, will be interesting to see this mod. Sounds like a mammoth project if you are making maps, enemies and new effects all at the same time.

Comment

Thanks guys.

The way that I've optimized the code base will allow for almost effortless additions of weapons and monsters. The actual modeling will take the longest, but even that is becoming a quicker process as I do more. The longest part overall will be mapping.
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

I know Quake has its own spooky soundtrack, but if you would like original music, I can help out with that.
          Soundtracks and Instrumentals
          MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMEVAL View Post
            I know Quake has its own spooky soundtrack, but if you would like original music, I can help out with that.
            Absolutely! Let me get some more stuff underway before you set to work on anything, though. Currently I'm going through and cleaning everything I've already done up. Another goal of this mod is to deliver the package in as small a download as possible. Kilobytes really add up after a while. Thanks for the offer man.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post

Absolutely! Let me get some more stuff underway before you set to work on anything, though. Currently I'm going through and cleaning everything I've already done up. Another goal of this mod is to deliver the package in as small a download as possible. Kilobytes really add up after a while. Thanks for the offer man.
              Take your time! If you want to hear any of my stuff, you can check out my YouTube. Doesn't have everything, but I'm doing some cleaning up myself.
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7...rhtwKM95xDacDw
              MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

quick note regarding your screenshots.... blender can actually do software style sharp pixels
                open user preferences, go to the 'system' tab and uncheck the 'mipmaps' setting

models look neat btw, i really like that flamethrower!

maybe add something like a canister or such though, which would contain the gas used by the weapon?
                like maybe add a pill-shaped canister on the top, which is half-sunken inside the top?
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Thanks for the heads up about blender!

About the canister...way ahead of ya! See that grayish cylinder near the bottom above the hand rail? There she is That's the fuel. That little magazine looking thing right behind it is the catalyst. The hand rail hinges down to allow ejection of the canister, which I'll implement into the view model if I go through with reloading. I probably thought this out too much haha I can't help it, my mind is mechanically aware

Comment

PRIMEVAL

Just checked out some of your music...I love it! Are you using FL studio?

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                      PRIMEVAL

Just checked out some of your music...I love it! Are you using FL studio?
                      I use Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 for MIDI work and Reason 4 for more higher quality stuff. Occasionally I dabble in Cubase, but I much prefer the other two.
                      MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

Ooh I see. Didn't realise it was supposed to be a canister as it's the same grey as the metal bars from the shoulder rest part
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                        X