Shub Niggurath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shub Niggurath

Had some time to do some sculpting and came up with this.
    OldOne_Render.jpg

That looks outstanding! A model we might also be able to use in the Authentic Models project - however, we might need a skin with lower resolution to achieve a certain pixellated effect. Maybe it will be possible to make two variations?

Otherwise this is really good stuff. Would like to see it in motion to be able to say something about faithfulness of animations.
    Authentic Models Pack
    OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
    LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

god damn! that's indeed a beaut! looking forward to seeing more of this one...

Comment

Thanks.
        Here is some futher work. I've defined the base of the tentacles a bit and added a lot of surface details.
        OldOne03.jpg

Comment

that looks pretty high res. is this gonna be a Darkplaces exclusive then?

Comment

I was doing this as a sculpting exercise mostly. I'm aware that most of the community has abandoned Dark Places and high-res content. I'll chuck out a more 'authentic' model, but it obviously won't have a quarter of the detail that this thing has without normal maps.
            Last edited by Tea Monster; 12-22-2020, 07:39 AM. Reason: missed a word or two.

Comment

Less details is fine. Just make it more "curvy" and the rest is done via the skin. Shub is not one of those models you usually get very close to (even if you can), anyway.
              Authentic Models Pack
              OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
              LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post
                I was doing this as a sculpting exercise mostly. I'm aware that most of the community has abandoned Dark Places and high-res content. I'll chuck out a more 'authentic' model, but it obviously won't have a quarter of the detail that this thing has without normal maps.
                Hi TM,
                Great work, as usual. If you do have any high res versions of any Quake content, rather than abandon them, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't mind letting me have a copy. I'm working on a project using the Unity Engine and the more high res, PBR, revised and totally updated versions of Quake type weapons/monsters I can get my hands on and convert over to fbx/obj/blender/etc will help tremendously. Many thanks

Kind regards
                Monty
                Mr.Burns
                "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Hey Mr. Burns,
                  There is going to be a fully PBR version with height, metallic and roughness maps. I'll pass it along (as long as the project is non-commercial - otherwise we come to an arrangement).

Comment

tm_oldone_lowresskin_01.jpg
                    Here is the PBR version and the low res skin for the more old-school engines.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Tea Monster; 12-22-2020, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

GREAT STUFF! both versions! but for different reasons.

now... how's she look animated

Comment

Hey Mr. Burns,
                          There is going to be a fully PBR version with height, metallic and roughness maps...
                          Thanks TM In readiness for the textures I have this afternoon put together a block out of a basic "end-like" level with the static shub/oldone model sat in the middle of it with the old low res texture (see piccy).

...I'll pass it along (as long as the project is non-commercial - otherwise we come to an arrangement).
                          To put your mind at rest, it's just a little project (to help me learn a little more about game dev) that I have resurrected recently, as I have some more time over xmas to revisit it.
                          Even if I ever got around to finishing it, I have no wish to make any money from this and I'm a novice with little or no artistic talent, so if anything it would be gifted back to the Quake community should anyone be crazy enough to want to play it.

Kind regards
                          Monty
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Mr.Burns; 12-23-2020, 02:26 PM.
                          Mr.Burns
                          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"

Comment

Ooooh, looks nice. I'm going to take a bit of a break for X-mas and I'll pass you a file. FBX OK? or Blend?

Comment

Ooooh, looks nice. I'm going to take a bit of a break for X-mas and I'll pass you a file. FBX OK? or Blend?
                              Thanks TM. I'm sure my stuff will look pants compaired to the great stuff artists like yourself, talisa and others produce here, let alone all the new crop of mappers, but it's improving every week at the moment
                              Regarding the file format, Unity can handle importing of either format but if you have a blend file I should be able to export it in to whatever and its one less thing for you to have to do. Many thanks

Kind regards
                              Monty
                              Last edited by Mr.Burns; 12-24-2020, 02:38 AM.
                              Mr.Burns

Comment

Working...
                              X