Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening all
    First, let me wish you all a Happy New Year

Second, to Seven, thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you are still around and willing to share your expertise to help out newbie's like myself

Third, to Tea Monster, thank you for such an impressive looking Shub!
    Just in case you are interested - I dropped the fbx mesh directly in to my little test level in Unity, created a material and pointed it to your textures and this was the result....

I really like the texture and wet/glistening/"soaked in blood" feel to parts of the skin. I have yet to work out how to wire up the fbx animations to Unity but I will definitely come back to you once I've got it moving.

Thanks once again and please let me know if you have any more models (not necessarily Quake) you would like me to try. I can easily put together a basic exe with a simple map and a few models.

Kind regards
    Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 01-05-2021, 04:36 PM.
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

One last update for this evening, and just before midnight, I've managed to get Tea Monster's animation to play in Unity and it now looks as follows:

Unfortunately the YouTube upload process sucks out a lot of the quality of the original video but I hope it at least give you some idea of the quality of TM's new model. Right, time for bed.

Kind regards
      Monty
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

great work TM.

Comment

Seven - great to see you again! Thanks for the info. I've found a lot of that. I just have to finagle it to work and it should be fine. I've found out how to slow the animation down as it's too fast in Dark Places. I'm going to adjust the mesh and skin a bit and I'll release a better version.

i know what you mean about the modding community. I was shocked when NightFright said that there weren't any modellers around - for Quake? Jeez Louise! Sadly, the Duke community is only marginally better. Apart from two or three people making sprites out of models, it's pretty much dead.

Mr. Burns, Happy New Year! That looks really good! I'll chuck you a copy of the finished model when done. At the moment, yours is playing both the idle and death animations concurrently.

I recently went back and revisited the sculpt and repainted the skin. I'll fold the changes in and get the model released soon.

Comment

I've done a swiping attack and a crawling animation. That should loosen a few players bowels when the cursed thing comes gallumphing after them.

Comment

The skin was appearing 'glowy' in game. Got that fixed. I'll put a new skin on him for the non-PBR Darkplaces renderer.

I'll get the new animations together and release him in the finished works section.

I'll chuck both him and the Ogre source Blender files up onto github.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Here is a test article. If no problems are found, I'll chuck it up on the finished forum.

There are two extra animations a sweeping attack and a crawling animation.

I've only tested it in Dark Places.

*redacted*
                Last edited by Tea Monster; 01-17-2021, 04:40 PM. Reason: Removed test article

Comment

I've posted the model in Finished Works.
                  http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...or-dark-places
                  Shub Niggurath High Res Model I got bored recently, and the Duke scene is dead for modelling so I decided to do some Quake stuff. So I made an Old One model for

Comment

Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post
                    I've done a swiping attack and a crawling animation. That should loosen a few players bowels when the cursed thing comes gallumphing after them.
                    Noice!

Hope someone puts it to good use!
                    Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

Same here. It would be nice to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X