Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faithful Weapon Remakes

Hi peeps!

Some of you may know me from pro-x/shockbot/q1a mods etc. Well... I'm not TECHNICALLY a programmer, I do 3d game art for a living professionally.

I did remakes of the Quake1 weapons probably about 2 years ago now, but left them untextured and untouched for the longest time.

Here are the renders from a couple of years ago that I didn't really show anyone. Just did them over the course of a few days. I'll most likely improve the models as it comes time to working on that particular one.

http://www.bendarling.net/temp/ngqw/

As you can see if you look at them side by side comparing the original id software versions with my own, I've tried to keep the silhouette's VERY faithful. I've seen other weapon model remakes around and have no intention of comparing mine with those, or even looking at them (I've seen a couple, but not many). I'm just reworking the id software ones into a more current state. Pushing them into current times hopefully

I'm thinking it's time I dusted them off and started to texture them. I've started with the grenade launcher, that has it's uv's done and now I've started texturing it.

This week when I dusted them off I thought it might be beneficial to model proper high poly versions of the weapons, but I stopped about 3/4 the way through on the grenade launcher, simply because the old designs that were made to suit low poly... really just don't benefit from being translated into high polygon counts. Sure the curves are smooth, but there's really not a whole lot going on that makes it worthwhile. Especially when it comes to the time taken vs the free time I have available

Anyways, that's enough blabbing from me. Let me know what you guys think. Oh and if you think they suck, it's hazeus's fault, he pointed me here to post!

WOW This is the nicest set of weapons I have seen for Quake1 E V E R !
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Seems good, but how can we see them in action?

Comment

Working...
      X