• Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOE textures?

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Wow I didn't know Quake could look so good. The death knight really stood out to me, the textures look so crisp. A+

Comment

The Vore looks like it has an overbite in that last shot, almost in a Monty Python "Upperclass Twit Of The Year" style. Sorry, but that was the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Otherwise these look pretty damn awesome.
        IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mhquake View Post
          The Vore looks like it has an overbite in that last shot, almost in a Monty Python "Upperclass Twit Of The Year" style. Sorry, but that was the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Otherwise these look pretty damn awesome.
          that's my most favorite sketch out of and now for something completely different

Comment

Yes, the work is still in beta, and it is difficult to wait for a final release, because there are days that we want to create something different and more faithful to the 'quake style "...
            But we have been faithful to the general characteristics, such as lack of eye shambler etc. ... Try to compare with the original ones.
            Also remember that changing the lights and changing the settings of darkplaces the result is different, as it is difficult to create high-resolution textures for models 13 years ago
            We originally made texture at 8192x8192 ...
            We are working for the ogre, and begin the field, grunt, armagon, Chton and the scorpion of mission pack 1 ...
            We are also incorporating a choice of variants, like the soldier here:
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

Whoa! Freakin awesome!!!!!

It's really hard to pick my favourite (they both stand out reasonably well, instead of blending into the brown environments).
              Note that although the dark green looks particularly sharp, and distinctive from the other monsters, it may be hard to spot in a green-lit room full of slime )
              I might try a more yellowish suit as an experiment too.

By the way- a neat effect idea you may want to consider would be some kind of glowing HUD info readout reflecting on the inside of his helmet- although keep in mind this might look funny if he walks into some dark shadows and you just see some bobbing numbers.

Or of course, some glowing night-vision goggle lenses inside his helmet (the original actually has it too).

But damn you man! You make this whole thing look easy!
              Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
              Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

it was like

and i don't think those are goggles, i think they're his eyes because he's like, no longer fully human

Comment

Yes is a good idea King, this is the real problem, you want to put a lot of news, the temptation is strong We'll see ... I'm glad you like it, thanks
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alfader View Post
                    Yes, the work is still in beta, and it is difficult to wait for a final release, because there are days that we want to create something different and more faithful to the 'quake style "...
                    But we have been faithful to the general characteristics, such as lack of eye shambler etc. ... Try to compare with the original ones.
                    Also remember that changing the lights and changing the settings of darkplaces the result is different, as it is difficult to create high-resolution textures for models 13 years ago
                    We originally made texture at 8192x8192 ...
                    We are working for the ogre, and begin the field, grunt, armagon, Chton and the scorpion of mission pack 1 ...
                    We are also incorporating a choice of variants, like the soldier here:
                    What about the Quake player model itself?

Comment

Now that's what I call a soldier!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Ogre, if the quality so far is any indication it should be pretty awesome!
                      IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

'Tis a pleasure Alfader! and seriously, keep up the good work! Your approaches are way better than anything I've come up with in my own designs anyway (and I have tried!).

I'd be especially interested to see how you do the ogre (as I find his appearance the most puzzling- especially figuring out what he wears (furs? boiled human skin? Butcher's apron? A combination of the above? Something else?)
                        And his face is tricky too- I always like him as some kind of beady-eyed, wide-mouthed carnivorous primitive troglodyte.

Originally posted by metchsteekle View Post
                        it was like

and i don't think those are goggles, i think they're his eyes because he's like, no longer fully human
                        That's probably what it actually is- although I'm kinda anal about how a guy's eyes are supposed to glow (glowing light escaping the pupils makes sense though- and would look creepy).
                        Of course he might just have prosthetic eyes too.

Comment

Sweet- to be honest I'm amazed that you can make this stuff so quickly (or so it seems, comparing the Vore shots with the plain shambler in the background with a new shambler a few says later)!

Plus, there's a certain refinement in the textures that seems to come only from people that are so capable that you simply built it up without a fuss (from observations of other works and my own works when I'm doing something I'm really good at with a clear idea (or open concept) in mind).

Anyway, I suppose all I can do now is oggle at the existing shots and throw in a few considerations.

By the way- while we wait maybe you could tell us some concept ideas (or assumptions about the original monster features)???

Comment

Close up, the hellknight looks good, I just think his skin is a bit bright. But that might be DP's lighting in the shots. From afar, he looks almost whiteish.

In principle, I like the detail etc. on your skins. Like the holes that look to be punched into the HK's shoulder pads. I'm not so much a fan of the shininess. Pretty good work though, I can't skin my way out of the shithouse, personally ;-)
                            Scout's Journey
                            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                              Close up, the hellknight looks good, I just think his skin is a bit bright. But that might be DP's lighting in the shots. From afar, he looks almost whiteish.

In principle, I like the detail etc. on your skins. Like the holes that look to be punched into the HK's shoulder pads. I'm not so much a fan of the shininess. Pretty good work though, I can't skin my way out of the shithouse, personally ;-)
                              It's a tough call because colour-wise, the new skin is exactly the same as the original Death Knight- it's just that the shine builds on it even further.

I reckon it would be a good idea to darken him about 1/4 darker and keep the shine as-is (or if possible, dull the shine).

His armour should DEFINITELY shine to some extent- as it is metal, after all.

Comment

first off, that hellknight is the shit, absolutely, its awesome.
                                Maybe make his offhand a bloody stump?

also something i thought up that i'd looove to see is on the wizards could you simulate like some translucent skin? like in the movie ET when his hearts glowing,
                                that would look pretty sweet, near the edges of his arms, or something

yeah, definately keep the knight shiny, maybe tone it down likes been suggested, but keep some shine, because thats awesome.

maybe skin his projectiles to be bones? or those are engine generated or
                                shared by ng arent they.

and lastly, pleeeease tell me that glow effect on the SNG isnt always on or always off.. but instead shows up gradually as you shoot? like the barrel heats
                                that would fucking rock.

AWESOME work, cant wait to see more
                                Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

Working...
                                X