Quake Reforged Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah why not?
    Any chance of looking into Quoth too at some point in the future Alfader?
    (sorry- had to get that out- you don't have really have to -you'll never be able to STOP reskinning then)

PS- what you DEFINITELY should do is make an online portfolio- you really should!
    Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
    Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Hi there,
      your interest for the centroid forced me to make five different skin for it... damn you!!
      Actually the monster is all mechanical, but I liked it to appear more organic, in fact 4 out of 5 skins are this way.
      It's tough - you know - but having more versions allows you to choose the favourite.
      I'll post some pics to also listen to your advices.

I've Quoth installed but not looked at it yet. What's worth to be remade/reskinned/whatever ?
      sigpic

Comment

Wow, five skins for the Centroid? Hah! I can't wait to see them!

Comment

Awesome work! Can´t wait to get my hands on this pack!

Comment

hey Alfader, you're doing great and all..but do you have like "QuakeDD" or something? you're jumping from one thing to another

I still like looking at the DOE re-texturing project =]

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Originally posted by LockNLoad View Post
              I still like looking at the DOE re-texturing project =]
              I'm also eagerly waiting for the DOE re-texturing project. However, I'm equally happy that people are suddenly working on monster skins! I always feel like good 24-bit faithful monster skins have been lacking for this game. For once, people are improving the SP experience - rather than focusing on QW simple items/textures/other-junk that they have been doing the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning_Hunter View Post
                I'm also eagerly waiting for the DOE re-texturing project. However, I'm equally happy that people are suddenly working on monster skins! I always feel like good 24-bit faithful monster skins have been lacking for this game. For once, people are improving the SP experience - rather than focusing on QW simple items/textures/other-junk that they have been doing the past few years.
                Oh, I hear you, brother! I sign under every word!

Comment

I miss your old avatar, I wanted to pet it

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Originally posted by LockNLoad View Post
                    I miss your old avatar, I wanted to pet it

I'm sure I'll go back to it eventually. But for now, I had to pimp my lightning photography (yes, I really am sort of a "Lightning Hunter".)

Oh yeah, monster skins. Back on topic!

Comment

Ever heard "suburban thunder"? its an audio recording of an intense hurricane...I wish it were in surround sound : (
                      Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

Hi there,
                        I see you a bit concerned about SoA and DoE textures, but don't worry, it's all going on very well.
                        If you had the suspect that my focus shifted to skin only, maybe it's because I don't judge posting previews of textures interesting as much as skins.

Yep, it's a big load of work but, as highlighted by Lightining_hunter, it's amusing to do something never done before.

Now, meet the zombie!
                        Last edited by Alfader; 11-16-2009, 07:26 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Gruesome! You know, I'll definitely be trying to figure out how to code a quick little mod that randomly chooses a monster skin in Quake. That way, I can see both these skins and the ones being created by Fragger.

Comment

Gruesome! You know, I'll definitely be trying to figure out how to code a quick little mod that randomly chooses a monster skin in Quake. That way, I can see both these skins and the ones being created by Fragger.
                            That is an excellent idea, actually!
                            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                              That is an excellent idea, actually!
                              It can't be that hard. Someone already did it for this mod, created way back in the day. It gives the grunts a random weapon and skin. Take the skin part of the mod, and apply it to the other monsters, and it should work. It's open source, too.

I don't know a whole lot about QuakeC, however. Sometimes things that should be easy end up being frustrating when it comes to coding, especially for a scripting noob like me.

Edit: Found these lines in the soldier.qc file that comes with the mod above. I'm guessing this is part of the code that would need to be used for all monsters in the game.
                              Code:
                              	setmodel (self, "progs/soldier.mdl");
                                  self.skin = random () * 10;
                              Of course, using a progs.dat means that you can't use multiple monster skins with any mod.
                              Last edited by Lightning_Hunter; 10-04-2009, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Yo! Nice work there! I have UV maps for all skins in case you need them. Makes it easier than using the actual skin as a template.

Check out my blog! And my site too!

Comment

Working...
                                X