No announcement yet.

Quake Reforged Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Zombie! There is nothing i would say, that a detail could be done better! Thanks for your hard work!

Comment

the rich detail in the zombie is so good that you almost lose focus in the actual low poly count of the model..along with all the other awesome looking skins! excellent job!

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Not bad on the zombie! Extra impressed with the dessicated decayed color tones (the sickly greens).
        It's like I always assumed that the zombies were OLD mummified dessicated bog men, who have been hanging around for so long that the only parts that are left had been preserved. And yours holds true to that theme- and doesn't have so much fresh pink that so many other artists are so quick to use.

Only suggestion is to warp his guts a bit (especially his liver) to fit into his rendered waistline a bit more- and more rotting, wrinkly leathery flesh here and there on the rest of him to make him look worn and decayed (and to give a bit of transition to his open stomach).

Dead rotted bodies are VERY hard to portray (as it's not exactly the most pleasant thing to do a google search on)- I know so much because I've seen a lot of mummified bodies/bog people in my studies!
        Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
        Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

or just put less insides on him as his frame suggests most have fallen out

Comment

Sweet cheeze wiz!

Oh wait thats his intestine VERY nice skin!!!
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Alfader, it's awesome. With such skins there's no need anymore in remodeling! I would surely choose these skins instead of all pitiful attempts of remodel, except of Shambler, which is excellent.

I tweaked the skins of the model that can be found here, and originally looked like this. It seemed too much white'n'clean for me, despite the blood on claws and mouth and chest that seemed more like fresh cranberry juice.

So I darkened them and result looks like this.

The blood is clotted and almost black, and his fur doesn't seem so much clean now. It's white, but dirty and covered with blood everywhere.

Comment

Besides, Alfader, aren't there supposed to be ribs OVER the lungs?

Comment

Originally posted by Mancubus View Post
                  Alfader, it's awesome. With such skins there's no need anymore in remodeling! I would surely choose these skins instead of all pitiful attempts of remodel, except of Shambler, which is excellent.

I tweaked the skins of the model that can be found here, and originally looked like this. It seemed too much white'n'clean for me, despite the blood on claws and mouth and chest that seemed more like fresh cranberry juice.

So I darkened them and result looks like this.

The blood is clotted and almost black, and his fur doesn't seem so much clean now. It's white, but dirty and covered with blood everywhere.
                  Ahhhm, where to download, my friend?

Comment

Originally posted by TR2N View Post
                    Ahhhm, where to download, my friend?
                    Shit. Forgot the main link :-)

Comment

Good point about the innards guys- I'll try to find some mummified human images to make a reference to.
                      But yeah- it would make more sense that he would have a more ruptured, unstructured abdomen as he's kinda ripped most of it out.

Comment

Any updates of progress Alfader? Do you have a release date?

Comment

As I said the program includes three different projects, one on reskinning of all the monsters in Quake, DOE and SOA, two, retexturing of DOE and SOA, and three to reskinning of all power-up quake, DOE and SOA. Probably will do the same for other mods, quoth etc. ..
                          For the moment the first project is almost complete, with particular interest in releasing different versions of each monster, leaving the choice is yours.
                          Everything will be present at a site specially created by me under quakeone.com, with updates and all ..
                          I thank everyone for the very interesting ideas, both for the mod, for advice and aid, without you this project would not be perfect.
                          Good evening ...
                          sigpic

Comment

We all have to thank you and Fragger for your hard work you are doing!
                            Last edited by TR2N; 10-11-2009, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TR2N View Post
                              We all have to thank you and Fragger for your hard work you are doing!
                              DAMN STRAIGHT!

Comment

Oh, it's been a while from the last update...
                                I've to admit I wasn't very happy with my previous skins, but I've achieved a satisfying level of quality - thanks for your precious suggestions!!
                                I wanted to bring everything even further, but I've to stop this excalation, mainly because of models' low polys.

I worked to adjust all the skins to keep everything consistent - it’s not like redoing all from scratch - in fact there’s little time left to wait.

Just to say, now all monster skins have also gloss and normal maps, plus a little surprise I'd like not to spoil yet

Quake skins "hd-ready":
                                • demon
                                • soldier
                                • enforcer
                                • shub
                                • chthon
                                • fish
                                • zombie
                                • shambler
                                • hellknight
                                • knight
                                • ogre
                                • tarbaby
                                • shalrath (to remake?)
                                • dog

I've also a bunch of skins for the expansion packs, not counting power-ups, ammo crates and weapons (almost all done).

Last but not least, I've built a proper site for the projects, but I was taken down from The Internet for the last three days.
                                I'll see about that from now on!

Who said pics??
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X