Clear All

Pics
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alfader View Post
      pics
      OMG!

(What the hell, I typed "OMG" in all caps and the CMS made it lowercase. Sigh something to investigate on a rainy day.)
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

O_o

I have wet my pants. Exclamation point.
        I am SOOOOO eager to see all this eye-candy by my own eyes...

Besides, whom of all monsters do you guys wait the most?
        It's dog and wizard for me. :-)

Comment

ogre and scrag : )
          Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

WOW! I can´t find any words that could explain, how much i am looking forward for the skins you have done! AWESOME! The GRUNT is fuckin´ awesome!

Wanna have more pics, but better - i wanna have this skins - NOW!

Comment

Pics
              Attached Files

Quake Reforged
              Retexturing and Reskinning project for Quake, Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity

Downloads:
              SoA skins
              DoE skins pre-release

Comment

skins tested in Qrack and Darkplaces
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Nergal; 10-20-2009, 10:25 AM.

Quake Reforged
                Retexturing and Reskinning project for Quake, Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity

Downloads:
                SoA skins
                DoE skins pre-release

Comment

I'm digging the knights

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Can we see the skins without any Darkplaces lighting effects? It's really hard to tell what kind of detail is in the skins when half of it is shaded in black. I've seen some screenshots of skins that look awesome with the "2 fps Darkplaces lighting", then look kind of bad in normal Quake lighting.

Of course, I'm sure your skins still look awesome in normal Quake lighting as well, I just think it's hard for anyone to give feedback unless you show their detail up close and personal.

Comment

Awesome pics! You make it harder to wait for the final cut!

BTW: Are the screenshots taken from DPMOD because of the explosions? Or do you have generated a new 6 fps explosion file? I have tried it myself, but it does not look like the one on your screenshots.

Comment

@TR2N:
                        I don't know, I should have the last version (July) of Dpmod if I'm not wrong, however only skins are mine there, for sure

@Lightning_Hunter:
                        As I've said, I'm testing my skins in Qrack and Darkplaces to assure the best results my skills allow me.
                        About the last bunch of screens, I've recently introduced gloss and normals, so the purpose was right to show them in action, while the previous ones showed the only diffuse-map in all its raw glory

Actually I try to pack the more details I can in the skins - working at 4096.
                        Sadly enough, darkplaces' effects eat those details: for example, bloom makes surfaces a bit washed out, despite of the cool shadows.
                        In the end, I think skins are going to be good both for Qrack and Darkplaces, but for different reasons: fine details in the former, special fx in the last.

Obviously, your opinions are always appreciated and I'll do alternative skins if I can, in fact I'd like to learn more about that system to load different skins at random.
                        Does it choose a single one for the level or load multiple versions within the same map? It could be cool to have knights wounded differently, fiends with fur colored differently, and so on.

Quake Reforged

Downloads:
                        SoA skins
                        DoE skins pre-release

Comment

Special request.

Will these skins be usable in Tenebrae? Yes, I am sick, and still hang with it.

Comment

I've to take a look, 'cause I don't have it installed!

Quake Reforged

Downloads:
                            SoA skins
                            DoE skins pre-release

Comment

Originally posted by Nergal View Post
                              in fact I'd like to learn more about that system to load different skins at random.
                              Does it choose a single one for the level or load multiple versions within the same map? It could be cool to have knights wounded differently, fiends with fur colored differently, and so on.
                              The way I have it set up with my own progs.dat, a random skin from a select number (any number you wish based on the monster.qc file) will be chosen for each monster. This number of skins is configurable - so if you have 8 skins for the grunt, you can set the random number of skins to 8. If you have a base map full of grunts, then every grunt will have a random skin upon starting the level. This means you can have a map full of 8 (or however many skins you have) different types of Grunts at once. So yes, it loads multiple skins in the same map

I'll definitely be starting a new thread soon explaining how this is done. It would do no good to release my own progs.dat file, because everybody will have a different number of random skins. I'll explain briefly how people can code it themselves.

Comment

WHOA!
                                Especially love the grunts- they look like real (berserk) men!
                                Even the original blocky low-poly Quake models don't affect them- which I honestly thought WOULD have.

By the way- in one screenshot it looks like an enforcer is shooting a ROCKET- is there anything else you want to tell us?

Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
                                Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X