Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Reforged Project

Quake Reforged Project

Quake Reforged is our little contribute to this community in the form of a retexturing project for Quake, Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity.
    Faithfulness to the original is a major parameter, but we also try to add a bit of personal taste in the mix, while providing alternative skins if everything else fails.

Quake Reforged is delivered to you by a passionate team of… two guys, Alfader and Nergal.
    We reckon that the project started with big promises and at one point we thought about resizing our ambitions, but in the end we chose to deliver on all sides, given the time.

FIRST PACK RELEASED

We’re glad to announce that the release of the first skin pack for Quake1 is online, ready to be downloaded and hopefully enjoyed.
    This is the link, click click click!

We’d like to thanks all our followers and in particular the community of quakeone.com, which has been very supportive and patient during the (troubled) development.
    Quake Reforged is still committed to finish its complementary projects, so we’d like to continue together as we have done until now.

This first release contains all the new skins for the monster of Quake1, comprehensive of glow, gloss, luma and normal maps; there’re also a few animated skins and related shader files.
    You’ll find everything detailed in the readme file, from installation to the proper usage (hint: play).

We’re on track for the next releases: armagon and dissolution skin packs (monsters + items) and all the textures for the two expansions.
    The previous skins variations are still available from the site and others may come in the future.

---

Visit - www.quakeone.com/reforged - or read the latest pages of this thread for news.
    Last edited by Alfader; 12-07-2010, 04:08 PM.
    sigpic

Edited
    Last edited by Alfader; 12-07-2010, 04:09 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

the spawns are awesome the look like a real oily mess

keep it up these are great

Comment

Thx a lot..
        Last edited by Alfader; 08-06-2009, 08:55 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

very nice work. loyal to the original, yet different enough to be legal

Comment

Ditto on the Spawn

The scrags look great

The Knights and Deathknights are insanely heart-failure-awesome.

The Vore's face is awesome (those eyes are so EVIL), but its body doesn't look quite right- might need a new pattern (i'd go for a bumpy catarpillar segment pattern on its belly).

Seriously, keep it up! These reskins are so awesome they look completely in-place with the Rygel texturepack!

Don't forget- The shambler is covered in shaggy fur and has no eyes.

I'd really like to see what you do with the ogres, too!

And you say you're going to do the expansion as well?!??!

I'll be waiting here to download it!
            Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
            Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Those look great!

Comment

Thank you very much, I admit to be still in beta, that many things still have to review them, but my project is to finish all the skins of the monsters for quake 1 and expansions, plus the texture of the surface dissolution of eternity and scourge of armagon ...
                Even the weapons for example:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Alfader; 08-06-2009, 08:57 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

The vore has no face. Only teeth and eyes. o_0
                  e|------------------------0---------------
                  B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                  G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                  D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                  A|---------------0------------------------
                  E|----------------------------------------

Comment

why do the death knight and vore look somewhat... green-ish? other than that, great work

Comment

We try to create a mix between old and new, perhaps by including something that will make them a little more detailed, because the original texture was really small ... It must come to terms with the models, made by very few polygons literally squared, making it difficult ... Then depends on the surrounding, the place and effect .. Try to take consideration of your recommendations
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Alfader; 08-06-2009, 07:43 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

oh woah! these are FANTASTIC!!

Comment

The shambler has no eyes 0_o
                          e|------------------------0---------------
                          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                          A|---------------0------------------------
                          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

its not supposed to have eyes

come on, everyone knows that foq.

Comment

Yeah- in fact my hat goes to how accurate the shambler is!
                              -fur- check
                              -no eyes- check
                              -no lips- check

By the way- like the more skeletal chin the Deathknight has (the sneering normal face the original had was not scary)- although I'd personally make it red (bloody + still has flesh gums) to help set it appart from the armour more.

As for the polygon problem- you know, I wouldn't really worry about it so far.
                              The knights have angular armour anyway, so it's no biggy for them (and I might add that they look SO sharp you don't even think about it).
                              Vores could easily have very angular (chitonous) bodies- as are the scrags
                              The spawns you simply don't notice...

The shamblers show a bit- but the detail in the textures (and fur) help break it up somewhat.

I imagine the only really tricky ones are going to be the fiends and ogres- who are more fleshy.

The lava SNG looks wicked - the cluster grenade launcher might use some effects to make the yellow-stripe bombs look more natural.

Anyway- pretty awesome work on the BETA
                              If you ask me, the knights' armours are finished- the scrags are finished and the Spawn looks pretty-much done (by the way- would you consider putting white teeth in his mouth? Could look freaky)-
                              you're making mighty fine progress!
                              Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
                              Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X