Remake Quake Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
    Players: please wait for new and MUCH smaller download. The one that was linked earlier is broken and has lots of unnecessary dev cruft in it. It was only meant for internal testing.
    Thank you golden_boy! I will wait!

Comment

• Waiting a bit longer won't kill us, I think. And after all, it will be worth it.
      Authentic Models Pack
      OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
      LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• A public release of the engine and tools source is now available.

RMQSDKJan2012.zip

This is for uber-geeks who want to peek under the hood; if all you want is to play the maps then you don't need it and will find nothing useful in it.
        IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Just give us the freakin' full release with all episodes finished, and we will all shut up!
          Authentic Models Pack
          OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
          LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• The Realm of Blog Magic

It's up, have at it.

There's a Windows Installer, too. 400 MB download.

Edit: Fixed broken download link. ;-)
            Last edited by golden_boy; 01-09-2012, 12:12 PM.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• here's my demo on e2m1rq; i think it's only half as i got stuck in a bug.

you might wanna fix some steps and there's some rouge water in one of the ammo pockets in the "original" first atrium with the bridges.

normal skillz
              http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/fi...dem_e2m1rq.zip

Comment

• Could someone post some screenshots showcasing a nice of nice shots of the maps so I can do a news article?

I have a couple Macs and my 2002 Windows XP desktop is continually out of space with a 30GB drive (yeah I know, but its a 2002 desktop and I did have a 2nd drive until an incident in July *sniff*) and a ton of Quake projects on it. There isn't an RMQ engine build for the Mac yet. I might see if I can change that but I still want to get a nice news item up as soon as possible.

Also: Since I can't play the mod immediately, could someone who has tried it describe what they think are the most awesome things about. I believe I played an old beta of this map so I probably have a bit of an idea. Still that was a while back.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

• I added shots to the official download page now.

As for the most awesome, it is really more a snapshot of work in progress, nothing probably sticks out much, it's just a large heavy chunk of single player.

The main niceties are probably of a behind-the-scenes, technical nature, ironically, such as BSP2, the cool engine by MH and so on. We've also made an effort to include hi-res textures with inkub0 as the point man for this.

Features-wise, there is the usual bag of tricks by Supa and pineapple, which mostly supports the maps. It's fully usable as a mapping toolkit, much like it was 1 year ago.

It shows off progress both on the level design front and the engine/tools coding front, that's pretty much it.
                  Last edited by golden_boy; 01-09-2012, 07:19 PM.
                  Scout's Journey
                  Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• The most awesome bits are:

The moment in e2m1rq when you start to recognise the original map.
                    The ship in e3m3rq. And the elevator down to the "poisoned" area.
                    The organ in e3m2rq.

I just do tech stuff so I can look at some cool maps y'know.
                    IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Some of the content is IQM model format?
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

• Holy shit yes. Been waiting for this (while playing Diablo 1)

Comment

• Baker; no IQM models in this demo.

- The engine does support it well

- At least 1 IQM model was removed for the demo because of rubbish caused by a Blender version update

- Tons of unreleased RMQ models do use IQM features - so the switch will happen with the next demo.

Another "invisible" feature is the CSQC support. You'd never know by just looking at the demo.

Patience
                          Scout's Journey
                          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• Awesome!

Trying this on my Linux box. When loading e2m1rq it gives me:
                            Host_Error: Mod_LoadModel: maps/e2m1rq_tileGib2.bsp not found
                            map doesn't get loaded.
                            I have a e2m1rq_tilegib2.bsp in the map dir, so it's most likely a upper/lowercase error.
                            Doing a
                            ln -s e2m1rq_tilegib2.bsp e2m1rq_tileGib2.bsp
                            takes me a step further (it whines about e2m1rq_tileGib1.bsp then

however, e3m1rq/e3m2rq works (just loaded it, want to play it in coop on weekend)

Comment

• Sorry for the case sensitivity problems, we will sort this out and create a Linux-friendly archive in zip or 7zip form shortly.
                              Scout's Journey
                              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• Hi

nice work guys, this if fun and engaging...i wanted to ask is there anyway of making this work with darkplaces?

i hope this isnt a rude question as its not meant to be insulting.

thanks

Sean

Comment

Working...
                                X