No announcement yet.

Remake Quake Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROEM will take many months to finish. Slow but continuous work is what's needed. Long distance runners more than ninjas.
    This is true. I would have already submitted a request form by now, but I cannot promise the time required.

Yet, I have been looking thru the SDK (engine) and the Qc to see anything that is new and interesting.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• MG you should play nehahra mod so you know what good quake voice acting looks like!
      Good thing I re-read things cause I missed this. Funny thing is I just watched Nehahra last Monday. Well, it was playing on one computer while I worked on the other, anyway.

"Soooo, this is Shub Niggurath. Not very scary. It doesn't move or anything." - this guy is my favorite character. I forget his name. It's somewhere between my tongue and my brain. Bill? - damn I was close it's Phil, I just checked.

Nehahra is pretty excellent for what it is. It's awfully long too. I've watched it twice so far. Once with my completely devoted attention.
      Last edited by MadGypsy; 11-08-2013, 03:21 AM.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• haha oh yush, phil was hilarious in the nehahra movie XD

'i got just one word for ya... boom!'
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• You aren't supposed to tell anyone the B word. Cause if you tell them then you have to kill them. You must have a lot of money cause I'm sure plenty, plenty of people read that and they probably all live very far from you. It's gonna cost you millions of dollars to track down and kill us all.

Comment

• when i looked at the qc i was thinking the ghost and the bird were more moving misc models then monsters. i thought that was a cool idea but I bet a lot of people will say thats not quake...

any way how is all this coming back together and the call for help not front page news? just saying...

Comment

• Yeah, that stuff was ambience related in RMQ.

ROEM isn't really RMQ, its goal is slightly different and it has a much smaller team. So it needs to be scaled down in order to have a chance to finish it. If I could get a team of 20 people together, then we could talk about ghosts etc. but I just don't see that happening. ROEM also clearly is a side project for me.

Basically this is a scaled down and consolidated version of RMQ Episode 1 that can be finished by a small team.

I'll only ask for front page news when I release

Mad Gypsy, I'm working on some scripts for you. I'm just quite busy too.
              Scout's Journey
              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• I know how to play games . Maybe I can help test this for you when you get that far. I like being one of the first people to play something before it comes out. That's a thing I try to do.

Comment

• Playtesters are more than welcome. It'll be a couple months until there is something to test, though. I'll take you up on it then.
                  Scout's Journey
                  Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• @gb
                    ill always gladly help to test any stuff

im the kinda person who always finds even the smallest things
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• I'll post a call for testers when there is anything testable
                      Scout's Journey
                      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• Mad Gypsy, I'm working on some scripts for you. I'm just quite busy too.
                        I have had no progress on making up anything. I did set up my "recording studio" (I use the term very loosely) and did some audio tests. I also took a tutorial on how to clean up audio. I was pretty much already doing everything it said but, I learned an extra thing or two.

I have an old 4 track casette recorder. Not super old but definitely dated. I wonder if doing it to tape would give it characteristics that would enhance the experience, when taken in context with your game.

I also have a webcam which has the cleanest mic I have ever heard. It blocks out background noise or something. I don't know what but there is barely any noise when I use it.

I'm just thinking of different tools that could be used. Did you know you can plug an earbud in a mic jack and one side will be a mic? You maaay have to fiddle with how deep you push the jack in but, it works as a mic.

I also have the ShureSM58. Maybe even combinations of these things could be used. I have a few amplifiers and cabinets. I don't have to record direct. The ultimate goal is to get the right sound. I just named quite a few ways I can possibly achieve that goal. Then I just have to be able to act. I got ya back, brah.

I have a friend that might help. His voice is like 1.5 steps deeper than mine LOL. That's deep. My voice is Eb. He's the C below that. He could totally sell Old Spice, on the radio.

Comment

• mg make some player sounds while u wait for scripts

ugh argghh gahh, ooof!

im sure u can drum up an evil MUWAHAHAHAHA!
                          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• If you have an old 4 track, I assume it's got mic preamps in it. Plug your SM58 into the 4 track, and send the output from that into the PC's line in.

The preamp in your 4 track is most likely going to be better than the one in your sound card.
                            Scout's Journey
                            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• @Rook - make pain sounds? I have the next 3 days after Sunday off. I'll use your idea to practice recording and mess with mic setups. If I make something I like, you can have it. I'm not awesome at recording. I want to brush up my skills a bit. However, once I get a little better recording skills, I'll go Mike Patton on the mic. It'll be good. I have some music in my head that I would like to record. Maybe with some better recording/mixing skills I wont get so frustrated and give up. Don't get me wrong, my recordings aren't epic failures, or anything but, my music is just as much about harnessing something that you may not actually be listening to as it is the rest. I can produce the effect live but I can never capture it with a mic. It always comes out just sounding like a song, but when I was singing that song, I was digging down to the furthest pit of my guts and I can't figure out how to highlight/harness/command that in the recording.

@GB - I'll check it out for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X