Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks great

Comment

The purple Quake sky has way more atmosphere than generic cloudy blue sky. Nice texturing! I think the door arch could do very well with some "step" in or outwards so it looks more 3Dish.
      Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

That's true, it's not very Quakey looking with this sky. The ideal skybox would be a hi-res version of the purple Quake sky, yeah. I'll probably have to do that myself, or find someone who can make skyboxes.

The existing purplish skyboxes don't look exactly right, I think.

Good idea about the stairs, too.
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

selfmade purple skybox with matching sun angle
          Scout's Journey
          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

ehhhhhh kinda ph fantasy looking a bit, Quakes purple had more edge to it i feel

maybe try and find a mix between that one and thisone

Comment

I tried that one. It turned out too dark. I guess I can have bright sunlight, OR I can have a dark purple skybox - I wanted to go with a daytime setting here.

Maybe purple isn't really the best choice, even though it's a remake, I should probably just go with what works. It's not really a psychedelic type of map. Quite some experimenting needed still.

Making skyboxes with terragen is pretty tiresome. Too much time between picking colors etc. and seeing the result in the map. The terragen skyboxes also tend to all have the same feeling to them - slightly bland looking.
              Scout's Journey
              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Coming soon to a dimension near you:

and much, much more.
                Scout's Journey
                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

For example, this.

Scout's Journey
                  Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

that skybox works ... and those maps look great

Comment

Oh, that's a different map actually. The one with the night sky is DM1. The other one is obviously DM6. The one I posted earlier, with the purple skybox thingie, was E1M2.
                      Scout's Journey
                      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Very nice architecture details and very good lightning effects... I can't wait playing this map !!
                        What Does Not Kill You, Makes You Stronger

Comment

We're working on a multiplayer-centric release during the first half of December. There should be some neat surprises. I hope.
                          Scout's Journey
                          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Those maps look beautiful. Very nice.
                            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Once Rhogog finally smiles upon us, and we release the next demo, maybe this thread could just be renamed to Remake Quake. That way we don't need multiple threads.

One thread per forum is enough
                              Scout's Journey
                              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

This is really cool, but the only thing I don't like are some of the new item models like the potion instead of the medkit.

Any chance of releasing the weapon models so they can be used with the original game and other mods?

Comment

Working...
                                X