OpenKatana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep up the good work, Hogsy.

I was just thinking about this project yesterday and then BAM a post today. Imma think about this more often.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Yeah keeping up the great work. Nice to see some of you guys are hard core.

Which is awesome.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

This is a level that Eukara, the second programmer and modeler on the project, has been working on in his free-time.
        Last edited by hogsy; 02-15-2013, 07:04 PM. Reason: Credits. I deserve none.

Comment

That looks awesome, Hogsy. Keep up the excellent work! I'm always excited when I see a new post in this thread.

Comment

And before I forget...
            Artificial Intelligence and Emotions…

Comment

cool! nice to see progress!
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

This looks really promising!
                A good game will become better

Comment

Thanks everyone. We have some pretty big decisions to make on the project soon so I'd like to ask a question so I can get an idea of what people want most.

What are you guys more excited about? The singleplayer or the multiplayer?

Comment

single player

Comment

singleplayer
                      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Count me in with the " SINGLE PLAYA' " crowd! Nice screenies and update, thank you.
                        - damage_
                        Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

I was really surprised when I read about this for the first time ever yesterday. And it seems there is even a new patch for Daikatana in the works, bringing many modern effects and features.

Maybe it is time to dust off that box in the shelf and fire the game up again in the not-so-distant future...

Anyway, amazing people are still (or again?) working on this. Daikatana was underrated by the time it got released (well, it should have been released much earlier...), so it's good to know there are still some folks out there realizing what it's actually worth.

(BTW I also saw that there is a new patch for Heretic II (v1.07) since Dec. 2012, if anyone is interested in that.)
                          Authentic Models Pack
                          OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                          LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

couldnt get that heretic update to work.
                            in the menu its given me ugly lines across the screen like as if the screen is split up into 640x480 pieces, it wont let me switch to opengl renderer, and when i try to start the game it just freezes up and crashes during loading

just like i got before with 1.06 update about the game freezing and crashing on loading

using win7 64bit
                            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

also, i dunno openkatana, ive personally never played it, but id vote for singleplayer.

the screenshots look cool, and i am overall way more interested in singleplayer then multiplayer.
                              never been very competitive, and if i play mp its 99% of the time coop.

personally enjoy that way more, to work together to fight against the armies of monsters, aliens, or whatever kinda enemies the game has, and progress through the story together with friends. way more fun imo then running circles around each other all the time for half an hour in row
                              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by NightFright View Post
                                I was really surprised when I read about this for the first time ever yesterday. And it seems there is even a new patch for Daikatana in the works, bringing many modern effects and features..
                                Let's just say we've crossed paths with the team working on the new Daikatana "patch" and leave it at that... We're excited about it as much as anyone else but it's meant there's going to be a little bit of a delay on getting Daikatana open-source. It'll still happen though... Eventually...

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                                also, i dunno openkatana, ive personally never played it, but id vote for singleplayer.

the screenshots look cool, and i am overall way more interested in singleplayer then multiplayer.
                                never been very competitive, and if i play mp its 99% of the time coop.

personally enjoy that way more, to work together to fight against the armies of monsters, aliens, or whatever kinda enemies the game has, and progress through the story together with friends. way more fun imo then running circles around each other all the time for half an hour in row
                                Then you'll be happy to know that OpenKatana features a cooperative mode.

Thanks for answering my question guys. I'm hoping we'll start making regular development videos soon but it's hard to find ways to make them both interesting and presentable for the general public without freaking people out or putting them off.

Comment

Working...
                                X