Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soul Of Evil Indian Summer (HD textures and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw talking about drake...
    could you perhaps look into the NSOE QC and try and fix something which has been bugging me for ages?
    its a bug which only seems to happen in darkplaces.

when you walk up to an open book, it shows text on screen and tells you to 'press / to turn page',
    and impulse 10 and impulse 12 are set to turn pages (same impulses as changing weapons)

however in DP if you do this, itll move 2pages forward/back instead of a single page
    i tested it also in RMQ engine and there it works fine

so could you perhaps look if somehow this issue when playing NSOE in DP can be solved with QC?
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Seven, Talisa

Are you two planning to be game designers because you two are really good; that includes other modders, so they are not left out. Of course they are others this good.

Comment

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
        Thanks seven! Did you add some things to make the gravity work right in the maps? that why i thought we kept getting new progs data with some of the maps... i played Unforgiven map 3 a few weeks back and remembered that you get a little bit more jump on that map.
        Hello JDStoner,

When you compare the Drake-beta devkit with the Unforgiven release, you will notice, that the devkit comes in 2 flavors:
        - for 'regular' Quake engines
        - for DarkPlaces engine

Reading the devkitīs readme will reveal the reason / secret behind it.
        In the Unforgiven release you will only find 1 progs.dat version (which is most probably the one for 'regular' Quake engines).

That is most probably the reason why you encounter slightly different behaviours (especially in air, as it is described in the readme).

Originally posted by talisa View Post
        could you perhaps look into the NSOE QC and try and fix something which has been bugging me for ages?
        its a bug which only seems to happen in darkplaces.

when you walk up to an open book, it shows text on screen and tells you to 'press / to turn page',
        and impulse 10 and impulse 12 are set to turn pages (same impulses as changing weapons)

however in DP if you do this, itll move 2pages forward/back instead of a single page
        i tested it also in RMQ engine and there it works fine

so could you perhaps look if somehow this issue when playing NSOE in DP can be solved with QC?
        Yes, Darkplaces is the engine which needs 'special treatment '.
        FTE also runs fine out of the box.

I looked into the available source and fixed the DarkPlaces "book-reading" issue.
        You will also be able to bind other / separete dedicated keys for book-reading now, as impulse 10 / 12 are maybe not someones favorite book-reading keys (please read the comments in items.qc to see more details).

DOWNLOAD

Originally posted by Frost R17 View Post
        Are you two planning to be game designers because you two are really good ...
        Hello Frost R17,

I can only repeat myself.
        Quakeone is not the forum where the experienced Quake modders usually post.
        Almost every category of Quake modding has a more or less specific forum.
        The place to be for maps for example is func_msgboard
        The place to be for engine and coding in general is inside3d

I thank you for your post, but when you compare the magical things happening in above mentioned forums with quakeone, you will quickly see that my skills are more than limited and I am far away from being a 'game designer'.

There are of course several people, who enlighten all forums with their great knowledge.
        Like the engine coders or Nahuel and gnounc, just to name a few.
        I should not be put on the same level as these people.
        I know best what I can and what I can not (particularly the latter)

Kind regards,
        Seven
        Last edited by Seven; 02-04-2014, 10:16 AM. Reason: Updated link

Comment

im still getting the same problem with your modified QC seven

just to check... i had to edit the items.qc in the "qc_dp__modified_!" folder inside the rar,
          and then compile a new progs.dat from that folder, right?

cuz thats what i did and i still get the same bug with DP moving 2pages instead of 1 when i use the impulses for changing pages

is it perhaps linked to which DP build you are using?
          i myself use the 20130301 build for drake-maps and NSOE

EDIT:
          just tried it with both 20130709 and this new 20140129 builds both but the issue is also there still in both of those builds
          Last edited by talisa; 02-03-2014, 02:30 PM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

@frost R17
            no im most definitely not planning to become a game-designer

also i dun think my work isnt very good at all.
            my models are simple and basic and not to fancy-looking at all, and my texturing-skills are horrid.
            i always just use google images to find textures of the type of material i need cuz my texture-making skills suck.

i am just a novice-modeller myself, my skills are nothing compared to skilled modellers
            like teamonster, ruohis, obi-wan & tabun, which all make very good models.

also just look around on the internet, there are many many modellers with absolutely amazing skills,
            and mine are not so amazing..... especially when compared to those people.

for example take Andrzej "Firebat" Marszalek which made this amazing hellsword model (which i myself converted for DP)

and then look at a sword-model i made myself

my simple sword pales in comparison to Andrzej's superfancy sword...
            and i even used a picture of the sword i used for reference as texture for the sword, i didnt even make most of the textures

my skills are very limited and are nowhere near good enough yet to be able to make such fancy stuff like these people

i can do some simple stuff like a book or a sword or such but thats where my skills end (at least for now)
            Last edited by talisa; 02-03-2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

im still getting the same problem with your modified QC seven
              Yes sure, because the original code differs between beeing in 'noclip' mode and regular mode. It is now considered / modified.
              Please re-download.

Comment

thanx again seven

it works perfectly now

Comment

hello seven,

i was just playing 'something wicked this way comes' with your QC which includes the particle-flames,
                  and i seem to have stumbled across a major bug! any droles placed in maps dont seem to appear at all

dont mean they're invisible or such, but they just simply arent there at all.
                  i just opened the secret in the wicked map which has the droles appear from behind a hidden wall,
                  and i braced myself for the drole-ambush...... but they werent there.

checked if mebbe i was accidentially playing at a lower difficulty then nightmare, but i wasnt.
                  so i investigated some and when noclipping around the maps i noticed that none of the droles placed in the maps appear at all

could you look into this issue?
                  cuz its a serious game-breaking issue imo that none of the droles show up, cuz they're one of the strongest enemies in drake

EDIT: i just checked in some other maps to see if all other enemies show up normally,
                  and the drole enemy seems to be the only one not showing up, all the other enemies from drake show up just fine

EDIT2: just tested some more, and the dragon from unforgiven also doesnt work properly anymore with your QC seven.
                  he acts like ally-monsters from DOE do, instead of attacking the player he follows the player and will attack any nearby enemies
                  which is a matter of fact kinda cool, to have an ally-dragon by your side.... but its not how its supposed to act
                  Last edited by talisa; 02-15-2014, 07:22 AM.

Comment

i was just playing 'something wicked this way comes' with your QC which includes the particle-flames,
                    and i seem to have stumbled across a major bug! any droles placed in maps dont seem to appear at all
                    Please look at it again, Talisa.

By looking into the last available Drake beta devkit you will see that it has no drole.mdl nor a drole.qc file.
                    That means, you cannot play 'something wicked this way comes' with the Drake beta release, as the Drake beta from 2011 does not support/include droles.
                    Isnt the Drole a Quoth monster by the way ?!

When you look at the Drake maps timeline:
                    - Dry Sorrow (january 2011)
                    - Sludge Factory (march 2011)
                    - Arcanum (may 2011)
                    - Drake beta (june 2011)
                    - Unforgiven (june 2011)
                    - Arcanum Bonus Maps pack (november 2012)
                    - something wicked this way comes (december 2012)
                    - Nyarlathotep (december 2013)

Following the above shown timeline, you will see that the included 'progs.datīs' grow bigger and bigger. Example:
                    In Drake beta devkit, it was: 1590 KB
                    In Arcanum Bonus Maps pack, it was: 1680 KB
                    In something wicked this way comes, it was: 1760 KB

So, when you use the original Drake beta progs.dat from Patrick in your 'Someting wicked' folder, you will encounter the exact same issues.

There is 1 good point and 1 bad point about it:
                    - Good point: Patrick is working continuously on Drake mod
                    - Bad point is: Without a newer source release, we are stuck here

If you ask me, I would say that you can use the modified Drake source (with particle flames and fixed DP bookreading) until Unforgiven. As the timeline matches here.
                    Later Drake maps by Tronyn will most likely use newer Drake versions !

Have fun,
                    Seven

Comment

@seven
                      yeah the drole is a monster which is taken from quoth indeed

what you say is already what i expected, that unforgiven and something wicked use newer versions of the drake-QC.

shame that it cannot be fixed without a newer source-release.
                      hope that we can get a more up-to-date version of the QC source from drake-mod so that you can add the particle-flames to the newer QC

anybody know of a way to contact patrick?
                      so i could perhaps ask him if he could share a more up-to-date source for the drake-mod
                      Last edited by talisa; 02-16-2014, 07:57 AM.

Comment

anybody know of a way to contact patrick?
                        His name is PM at func_msgboard.

Comment

uhm... not to sound stupid, but what is func_msgboard?

Comment

its the top link on the mane page under quake community Func_Msgboard: Latest News

best of luck it would be nice to have all versions of the drake qc if you get them and you can post them!

Comment

Working...
                            X