No announcement yet.

Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The scrag model won't unzip for me, it comes up with some error.

I'll try downloading it again.

Edit: nope, just comes up with an error.
    Last edited by capnbubs; 03-20-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
      It looks great!

The scrag is next on my list after the ogre, since I'm doing them in order of appearance. I really like what you've done with the skin so far, are you repainting over the original?
      Heck yeah! Ogre is my favourite enemy in Quake!

Comment

• That's what I get for assuming LZMA is universal...
        try again

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiney View Post
          That's what I get for assuming LZMA is universal...
          try again
          Worked this time!

I uploaded the player model with the original Quake skin into the pack. I'm working on an updated skin now. Let me know what you think!

Comment

• Looks great

Now we just need a mod so we can have proper 8-directional running, jumping and swimming animations... hmmm

Comment

• I cant wait to see what a Rocket Jump and a 3wave mornin star in use will look like

also, testing the axe bug on a server will be neat to see as well. Anticipation is high over here for the playermodel !!
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• the axe bug(walk frame leak) is a quakeC bug but will still be as funny with the new model

Edit:
                @Cap:
                I just downloaded the new model and it Looks great!
                The animations truly are AWESOME!
                THANKS for your speedy work!
                I've been waiting 10 years for a faithful player model that conforms to the same limits of the '.mdl' standard.
                the openquartz model was close but just didnt look like Quake
                Last edited by R00k; 03-21-2013, 12:10 AM.
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• Originally posted by R00k View Post
                  Looking closely at the armor, pants, knee pads u can see a lot of similarities.
                  The face isnt exact. But neither is the qtest skin compared to the final.
                  It's just an assumption on my part that idsoft licensed out art they werent gonna use.
                  Well, don't present assumptions as facts please. It is much more likely that the card model creator just painted based on the existing model and that is why the similarities exist...
                  Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

• Had to register to show my appreciation and love. I think the new player model will be a breath of fresh air to the multiplayer community. Truly nice touch!!!

Comment

• Amazing work and fitting in with the original quake looks, awesome!

Comment

• Looks really nice! keep up the good work

Comment

• Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

I'm very happy these models are being so well recieved.

I'm working on the updated skin of the player model now.

Comment

• Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
                            Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

I'm very happy these models are being so well recieved.

I'm working on the updated skin of the player model now.

Damn! That's literally perfect IMO!

Comment

• Originally posted by FifthElephant View Post
                              Damn! That's literally perfect IMO!
                              Thank you!

most of the textures just need tidying up around the edges and some extra detail added where the textures were stretching before.

The player is interesting though because I need to be really careful with the palette to get the shirt and pants colours to work correctly.

Comment

• looks great bubs

only thing i think could use some improvement is the mouth
                                it kinda looks like this now imo

also i cant help but think his face looks kinda gorilla-ish now
                                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                                X