• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
    looks great bubs

only thing i think could use some improvement is the mouth
    it kinda looks like this now imo
    dat ass

also i cant help but think his face looks kinda gorilla-ish now
    Disagree completely. The old quake guy in hindsight looks like a weird little fatty with creepy teeth now.

Comment

• Player model finished, I fixed the 'dat ass' face by putting a slightly darker shade across the top of the lower lip to define it.

Shirt and Pant colours seem to be working fine, let me know if you spot any stray pixels!

Authentic Models Pack

And here's the obligatory promo shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
        Player model finished, I fixed the 'dat ass' face by putting a slightly darker shade across the top of the lower lip to define it.

Shirt and Pant colours seem to be working fine, let me know if you spot any stray pixels!

Authentic Models Pack
        You, sir, are a god amongst men.

Comment

• cool stuff, when you are done you can re-map and texture the entire game and then move on to upgrading all the sounds.

thanks,
          Michael
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• looks way better like that bubs
            no more 'dat ass' face XD

brilliant work as usual bubs
            keep it up, you're doing some amazing work for the community
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Played a bunch of botmatches with omicron bot, model looks nice!

Comment

• animation blending for quake player model in darkplaces is coming based in this stuff :3
                the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Such a cute doggie
                  I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
                  But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

• I'd say the only thing about the player model that I'd change (now that I've taken another fresh look at it) is that I'd make it so the skin on his neck is showing at the back and lower the back of the helmet a bit so it's more bucket shaped... other than that though it's spot-on to be honest.

Comment

• but [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCZrz8siv4Q]Wu-Tang Clan "Protect Your Neck" - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• I tried using this by replacing player.mdl inside pak0.pak in progs, but failed to get it to work in DirectQ this way.

How did looking straight up and straight down turn out?
                        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• I had to make an account here just to show my appreciation of your work! Thank you, the model looks awesome!

I hope we can move to make this model standardized in the quakeworld community (quakeworld.nu) as soon as possible.

I just thought IŽd pitch in with some minor things that I think could make it feel even more authentic.

* When the model is moving, he leans forward, which looks great when you are actually moving forward. When you move backward and sideways however this gives a slightly awkward feeling to his posture.
                          * The upper part (where the trigger is) of the weapon is separated from the chest by a few units. Carrying a heavy weapon like this feels a little bit unnatural, and I think it would look better if it was resting on his upper chest a bit more.

Comment

• Thread on quakeworld.nu is here:
                            QuakeWorld.nu - New quake models

Comment

• Thanks for the feedback everybody, I've reuploaded the player to fix a couple of problems carapace pointed out.

He holds the weapon closer to his body in the idle pose now and I straightened his back a bit in the running with gun animation. I didn't change the axe because how often are people going to be running backwards while holding an axe?

New version is uploaded in the pack.

Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• Very nice animations and remodel work, but i would work the soldiers face because he do have bloody-ish eyes. Keep the good work up !.

Comment

Working...
                                X