• Kinn
    replied
    Yeah, real-life ogres don't have ears.

Leave a comment:

• Phenom
    replied
    Dat's Spiney's Ogre!

I don't like ears on the Ogre at all, makes him/her/it look like a chimera

(miss-match of monsters) instead of a fully fledged monster (Ogre).

The gun makes him look to soldier'ish also.

This ain't Shrek we're dealing with!

Leave a comment:

• Spiney
    replied
    Come on guys, the copyright thing was just an ironic way for giving credit...

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
    @copyright......

That looks like a remodeled ogre with different legs. Look at the chest...isn't that the same ogre "apron"? His colors seem to be the same too.

?idk looks like a "remake" to me
    Ya should say uncopyright or "halfass creative commons copyright" or something haha, I just made that shit up btw. Whats a

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    @copyright......

That looks like a remodeled ogre with different legs. Look at the chest...isn't that the same ogre "apron"? His colors seem to be the same too.

?idk looks like a "remake" to me
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 04-02-2013, 06:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spiney
    replied
    Originally posted by talisa View Post
    costs to much polies to make something like an ear look good, low-poly ears look horrible.
    A tetrahedron costs too much polies? Mr. Big disagrees!

Copyright 2012 Madfox etc etc

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    costs to much polies to make something like an ear look good,
    depends on the ear. I think tea monsters model has "hole in the head" style ears modeled in (can't remember, but even if I am wrong, they would not be out of place or expensive in a polygon sense)

Leave a comment:

• FifthElephant
    replied
    Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
    planning to give Fiends eyes (because they have eyes on the skin) and Shamblers fur because that is how I have always thought they looked and is apparently what was originally intended.
    I didn't realise that fiends had eyes until I just checked. I always thought the Shamblers had fur so this is cool (and I saw an interview that said they did, so that's also cool).

So far so good

http://androidarts.com/kawaiik/quake..._2010_edit.jpg

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    eh i dun think modelled ears are necessary personally. costs to much polies to make something like an ear look good, low-poly ears look horrible.

so id say just make textured ears. detail which imo doesnt have to be modelled in.

Leave a comment:

• Spiney
    replied
    About the ogre. Maybe beef up the forearms a little and give him some ears.

Leave a comment:

• mankrip
    replied
    Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
    planning to give Fiends eyes (because they have eyes on the skin) and Shamblers fur because that is how I have always thought they looked and is apparently what was originally intended.
    Blind eyes, actually. Like these, but yellow.

About the shambler, John Romero clarified that in an interview, iirc. But I don't remember the answer.

Any comments about my other suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Mom
    replied
    Originally posted by H1CC View Post
    That whole 'long-ass post' of mine was addressed solely to capnbubs and meant only for him to read...
    I use hexadecimal for lists (regards to R00k) because hexadecimal is far superior to decimal for indexing.
    And, no, I was not bein' therapeutic to myself expressing my frustrations to capnbubs or otherwise reflecting some sort of intelletcual depression (as MadGypsy suspected).
    I was merely congratulating him in a more humorously self-deprecative manner... I'm really just glad to see him do the work he's doin' and wanted to congratulate him but didn't want to be giving him the same sort of praise he was already getting from others dammit... and I guess that didn't come across as well due to the disparage in understanding of longer writing styles (as mankrip pointed out)...
    I think you underestimate how good/hard (the positive) is the exercice... and can still see you doing the effort (cause hey we won't get your point with a long idea like this but the important is that YOU, at least, get it).

Leave a comment:

• Phenom
    replied
    Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think that updated model is the one on the left and the one with skinny legs is original.
    You're absolutely right! Maybe I didn't know what I was looking at, maybe I was just on a 72 hour no-sleep spree again at the time but I see what you've done now and I really like it!

The updated models look much better IMO then the original. They stand much nicer and don't look like they should fall over from their unbalanced stance.

Good work!

Leave a comment:

• seanstar
    replied
    Hello,

The player model looks really good, nice work

The Ogre is also looking great, with teeth and nice detail.

Cheers,

Sean

Leave a comment:

• capnbubs
    replied
    Originally posted by Spirit View Post
    War will be declared when the fiends have or do not have eyes, when Shamblers have or do not have fur (and apparently the type of fur is debatable as well).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X