Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NightFright
    replied
    The mummy appears in R2M4 "Curse of Osiris". Also a really good one! In DoE it's a separate model, called mummy.mdl, with just one skin. Still using the zombie model mesh, though.

There is one reskin left, which is the CTF skin for the DoE player. It's a capnbubs model though and the skin is very different from the original. It's not too important however since I doubt there will be many occasions players see that. However, the ID1 model is still replaced with the DoE one, so as long as we don't have that done, you will only see the low-poly version ingame.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    Originally posted by osjclatchford View Post
    shown here tested in e1m3 as an alternative zombie skin as I knew not were it was in doe...
    the knight & hellknight-statues and mummy from DoE are litterally just re-skins of the knights and zombie models.

the DoE team simply added additional skins to the knight, hellknight & zombie for those monsters

so you were actually on the right track by applying it to the zombie,
    cuz the DoE mummy litterally IS simply a skin for the zombie

or if you were talking about where to find the mummy in DoE....
    there is this one egyptian temple level in the 2nd episode, and the mummy is exclusively found in only that one level
    its inside a tomb where you also run into a mummy with high HP that serves as a boss to the level
    Last edited by talisa; 01-30-2021, 06:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• osjclatchford
    replied
    yeah it came out quite transformative in the end...

so here is the mummy: https://www.mediafire.com/file/m6uxn...mummy.zip/file
    filedata/fetch?id=282223&d=1612013062&type=thumb shown here tested in e1m3 as an alternative zombie skin as I knew not were it was in doe...
    About as faithful as I can get it whilst still staying true to chillo's skin on his model to be honest...

thats it now for chillo reskins on the to-do list isnt it?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by osjclatchford; 01-30-2021, 06:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    Hey, that's an unexpected one! Hard to believe this is just the Death Knight with a different skin. Could be an all-new model if I didn't know better.

Leave a comment:

• osjclatchford
    replied
    looking damn good so far TM! and the fixed shield is a thing 'o' beauty and no mistake!

Ive foolishly chosen to take on the hellknight statue today:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/al5hw...night.zip/file
    filedata/fetch?id=282220&d=1612007730&type=thumb
    not bad in truth but im not 100% happy with the headgib I've done but at least it does match the work I previously did for the hellknight headgib this way...

was tricky to get the skin colours in quakes limited pallete I can tell you.
    it also took a lot of finickity pixel work to match chillo's style yet be faithfull to the original skin thats on the luneran knight model we're using.

anyway, thats another one down...

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    Definitely going in the right direction. Looks a lot less like simple boxes now. The smaller ammo cell should be similar.

I think the trick with bsp models is that you need to include a light source, otherwise the model appears almost black ingame. Took me a while to figure that out with the lava nail boxes.
    Last edited by NightFright; 01-30-2021, 05:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tea Monster
    replied
    BSP is a widely used map format, but not so much used in modelling programs. I can import them, I can't so far export them. Radiant or Trenchbroom might be able to do it though. I'll keep looking.

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    I dunno why they kept working with bsps in the addons. You could switch to mdl, but that would require a QuakeC change and the optional new progs.dat would suddenly become mandatory. Guess we should avoid that.
    Last edited by NightFright; 01-29-2021, 04:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tea Monster
    replied
    I've never worked directly with BSP files. It's all possible, but I'll try one out.

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    Now just rotation was missing. Tested in HIP3M1 and looks just as awesome as it does in q1mv. Really great model!

Looking ahead:
    Are the plasma cell bsps still in the pipeline? I am asking since those are the last "simple" models left and after that it's down to monsters which surely take a lot longer. So after the static models are all done, it would be a great time to do another release.

With everything that has been added recently, this next release will easily be the best one we have ever put together. And we already got a huge step closer towards completion. Having an active modeller around is exactly what we needed to get this thing going!

Leave a comment:

• Tea Monster
    replied
    Try that.
    empathy.zip

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    Well, if you say so. I wouldn't know what you are talking about...

Leave a comment:

• Tea Monster
    replied
    That's just a face normals issue. An easy fix.

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    Basically what osj wrote above. No need to write the same again. As I understand it, the rear side is supposed to be smooth/flat while the front side has the parts sticking out.

Leave a comment:

• osjclatchford
    replied
    the model is great but the skin is coming out all back to front and inside out. in both qme and viewing in-game in quakespasm.

see here: https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/a6...rihmvfk0zg.jpg
    the metal bars and spike details on the front have no texture at all and the shield inner/outer seems flipped...

perhaps its best to wait till you get back to your own machine...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X