• Show
Clear All

• LocKtar
    replied
    Looks really nice! keep up the good work

Leave a comment:

• leopold
    replied
    Amazing work and fitting in with the original quake looks, awesome!

Leave a comment:

• bps
    replied
    Had to register to show my appreciation and love. I think the new player model will be a breath of fresh air to the multiplayer community. Truly nice touch!!!

Leave a comment:

• Spirit
    replied
    Originally posted by R00k View Post
    Looking closely at the armor, pants, knee pads u can see a lot of similarities.
    The face isnt exact. But neither is the qtest skin compared to the final.
    It's just an assumption on my part that idsoft licensed out art they werent gonna use.
    Well, don't present assumptions as facts please. It is much more likely that the card model creator just painted based on the existing model and that is why the similarities exist...

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    the axe bug(walk frame leak) is a quakeC bug but will still be as funny with the new model

Edit:
    @Cap:
    I just downloaded the new model and it Looks great!
    The animations truly are AWESOME!
    THANKS for your speedy work!
    I've been waiting 10 years for a faithful player model that conforms to the same limits of the '.mdl' standard.
    the openquartz model was close but just didnt look like Quake
    Last edited by R00k; 03-21-2013, 01:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    I cant wait to see what a Rocket Jump and a 3wave mornin star in use will look like

also, testing the axe bug on a server will be neat to see as well. Anticipation is high over here for the playermodel !!

Leave a comment:

• Spiney
    replied
    Looks great

Now we just need a mod so we can have proper 8-directional running, jumping and swimming animations... hmmm

Leave a comment:

• capnbubs
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiney View Post
    That's what I get for assuming LZMA is universal...
    try again
    Worked this time!

I uploaded the player model with the original Quake skin into the pack. I'm working on an updated skin now. Let me know what you think!

Leave a comment:

• Spiney
    replied
    That's what I get for assuming LZMA is universal...
    try again

Leave a comment:

• FifthElephant
    replied
    Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
    It looks great!

The scrag is next on my list after the ogre, since I'm doing them in order of appearance. I really like what you've done with the skin so far, are you repainting over the original?
    Heck yeah! Ogre is my favourite enemy in Quake!

Leave a comment:

• capnbubs
    replied
    The scrag model won't unzip for me, it comes up with some error.

I'll try downloading it again.

Edit: nope, just comes up with an error.
    Last edited by capnbubs; 03-20-2013, 03:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spiney
    replied
    Yeah I've scaled up and just painting over.

Leave a comment:

• capnbubs
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiney View Post
    I'm too occupied with RL to keep up, but here's a remodeled scrag. The skin is still on the backburner...
    It looks great!

The scrag is next on my list after the ogre, since I'm doing them in order of appearance. I really like what you've done with the skin so far, are you repainting over the original?

Leave a comment:

• Spiney
    replied
    I'm too occupied with RL to keep up, but here's a remodeled scrag. The skin is still on the backburner...

It wasn't made with GL_NEAREST in mind, so the tail is rotated a bit to save space in the UV map, though that should be an easy fix if you're willing to fore go a little resolution.

raw unrigged obj and skin:
    http://www.spiney.me/files/rmq/scragobj.zip

Leave a comment:

• capnbubs
    replied
    Originally posted by R00k View Post
    @Cap: any update pics?
    Not at the moment, just working my way through all the player death animations, should have his animations finished soon though. Then I'll either re-texture him or start on the ogre, depending on what I feel like doing!

Originally posted by Kinn View Post
    I want to marry you.

You and sock seem to be the only Quake character modellers who actually "gets it".
    <3

I love the way quake looks already, I just want to polish up some of the rough edges!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X