Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• osjclatchford
    replied
    they are mdl. just not a type supported by qme or quakespasm it would seem.

anyway I went another route as far as getting the ring of shadows done:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/uv9rr...el_01.zip/file
    the model is simply based on one frame from proj_ringblast.mdl from arcane dimensions but with much edititing to remove the unwanted the frames, model re-orientation and scale and of course the skin.

at first glace you may be forgiven for thinking whats the difference so here is a screenshot comparison pic:
    https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/20...gpx0mvmnzg.jpg
    as you can see there are a lot more polys on this model and it creates a much nicer and smoother ring illusion...

Like teamonster, I too started out by making a more detailed skin:
    https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/20...z77sksulzg.jpg
    as you can see, its quite different to the original so I wasnt 100% on it. its available if wanted at all...

Then made up the new one thats much more classic yet still retains a lot more detail than the id1 predessesor...
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by osjclatchford; 01-15-2021, 04:40 PM. Reason: busted link? replaced all...

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    Which format are those DP models even using?

Leave a comment:

• osjclatchford
    replied
    Originally posted by NightFright View Post
    Maybe the ring model could be used, but it needs to be "de-Darkplace-ified", if you know what I mean. Still wouldn't mind a 100% remake.

*Edit*
    Forgot to mention, osj's skins fit even better. Will use those.
    cheers NF, thats most aprecciated!
    i'd love to have a go at reskinning the items (invis ring particularly) that webangel mentioned but I cant even open them in qme...
    anyone got ideas on how to convert them to vanilla (or at least quakespasm) compatibility?

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    Maybe the ring model could be used, but it needs to be "de-Darkplace-ified", if you know what I mean. Still wouldn't mind a 100% remake.

*Edit*
    Forgot to mention, osj's skins fit even better. Will use those.
    Last edited by NightFright; 01-15-2021, 12:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• osjclatchford
    replied
    not really ideal for this project though I think, as those models are not 100% compatible with all engines, I fear.
    I cant get 'em to work in quakespasm anyway...
    Last edited by osjclatchford; 01-15-2021, 10:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• webangel
    replied
    Originally posted by NightFright View Post
    I have checked the cards ingame and corrected two things:
    - Both keycards were missing the "rotate" flag.
    - Silver keycard skin had some white spots which were easy to eliminate in GIMP.

Other than that, outstanding work! I can't express my gratitude enough, actually. Tea Monster used to be a modelling touchstone for the Duke3D HRP project and it's amazing he can put his skills to good use here as well. Hopefully, there's more to come!

Remaining to-do list for ID1:
    - Monsters: Rotfish, Tarbaby
    - Items: Biosuit, Ring of Shadows

Those monsters don't necessarily need a refit, even though the fish might be quite simple, but the two powerups could be nice additions. Especially the ring has very simple geometry.
    There are already models for the biosuit and the Ring of shadows
    http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...abled-powerups

Leave a comment:

• osjclatchford
    replied
    yeah its great, he's truly great!
    I used to follow his work for the duke3d HRP over on duke4 forums...

as for the keycards, lovely!
    the plague models were nice and all, but not only incorrect as far as authentic representation (I'm looking at you, unwanted crossbar, lol) but actually a little too detailed. all the outer edges are bevelled, to theextent of looking almost curved, which is something you expect more on q3 qnd that era of modelling.
    Teamonster's is spot on. just the right level of geometric detail that adds, but does not look out of place.

that. being. said.
    there's just one thing.
    You know, I, like many, play in texturemode 'nearest_mipmap_linear' so for me that upscale skin looks texture-filted even with texture-filtering off, if you know what I mean.
    I couldnt bare it so, you know me, cant resist a tinker about with new models:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/yn9la...eskin.zip/file
    I re-ported the classic skin in on the new teamonster model (but had to do a little bit of fudging to get the size right, new aspect ratio was unexpetcted!)
    Plus, I had to tweak the green recessed bit so it did not show outside of its recess (was slightly showing on the botom bevelled edge when I first did it...)
    anyway, heres a pic: https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/55...7tkec82qzg.jpg

its essentially the same as teamonsters release but the skin is 100% original low-res, (just altered to fit a bit better) which I feel fits in with the other models of the same ilk (health, ammo etc...)
    Oh, fyi I used NF's 'fixed' models so they spin 'n' stuff...

If not wanted, meh, its an alternative. choice is always a good thing...
    Last edited by osjclatchford; 01-15-2021, 09:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    I have checked the cards ingame and corrected two things:
    - Both keycards were missing the "rotate" flag.
    - Silver keycard skin had some white spots which were easy to eliminate in GIMP.

Other than that, outstanding work! I can't express my gratitude enough, actually. Tea Monster used to be a modelling touchstone for the Duke3D HRP project and it's amazing he can put his skills to good use here as well. Hopefully, there's more to come!

Remaining to-do list for ID1:
    - Monsters: Rotfish, Tarbaby
    - Items: Biosuit, Ring of Shadows

Those monsters don't necessarily need a refit, even though the fish might be quite simple, but the two powerups could be nice additions. Especially the ring has very simple geometry.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tea Monster
    replied
    Here are the silver and gold 'B' keys. I've not tested the silver key in game and thus there may be some fullbright pixels in the skin. If someone could either take a look or point me to what level it's in I'll do it.

Skins are AI upscales. The Silver Key skin is by Phredreeke. b_g_key_upscale.zip b_s_key_upscale.zip
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    I think the blurriness is also due to texture filtering. But even if not, it's a significant improvement over the default model.

Leave a comment:

• osjclatchford
    replied
    yeah. I know its a little blurry and all that but that can be fixed in post.
    its the authenticity it gives that makes that the skin of choice.
    +/- perfect match for quake1 assets. just much better model geometry.
    its great...

Leave a comment:

• Tea Monster
    replied
    So, the one on the right of the picture?

Leave a comment:

• osjclatchford
    replied
    Love it love it love it!

Yeah upscale skin please...

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    I'd say go for the upscaled skin. It looks mind-blowingly good, even for a rather small model!

Leave a comment:

• Tea Monster
    replied
    Two different skins. One is an AI upscale (courtesy of Phredreeke) and the other is a custom one (WIP).
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X