No announcement yet.

Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are awesome thank you and Dwere.
    Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

• you're welcome, glad you like my MP edits of Dwere's reworked weapons
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• As requested, I have updated the Authentic Model Improvement pack with Dwere's weapons (including talisa's edits to provide MP1/2 support).

Download Authentic Models Pack v1.5 (2 MB)

Changelog v1.5:
        > Added: [ALL] Progs.dat with nail position fix
        > Added: [DoE] Plasmagun firing animation & projectile position fix, R1M7 elevator fix
        > Update: [ID1] Upgrade from reworked classic weapons by Dwere v1.0 to v2.0 (from Oct 10, 2016)

Changelog v1.4:
        > Added: [ID1] Reworked classic weapons by Dwere
        > Added: [SoA] Reworked classic weapons by Dwere (original)/talisa (edit)
        > Added: [DoE] Reworked classic weapons by Dwere (original)/talisa (edit)
        > Update: [ID1] grenade.mdl, s_spike.mdl and spike.mdl replaced with Dwere's models

Thanks a lot to Dwere and talisa for their contributions!

Note: Version 1.5 also features the progs.dat fixes from my OriOn pack. Now you don't have to use the OriOn pack any more just to have those additional code fixes as well.
        Last edited by NightFright; 10-11-2016, 01:10 AM.
        Authentic Models Pack
        OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
        LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• Sexy stuff Loving this a lot.
          Soundtracks and Instrumentals
          MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

• Sock also made updated versions of all 4 of quake's runes.
            they have fixed UV-mapping so that there's no ugly texture-stretching along the sides

Sock included these runes with his more recent maps.

here's a zip with all 4 of Sock's fixed runes
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/grpku5vtm5...runes.zip?dl=0
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Yay! Thanks T.
              And Sock of course.
              ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
              ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

• Thanks for this nice bonus, talisa! It has been added to the compilation directly! ^^

Authentic Models Pack v1.51 (2 MB)

Changelog v1.51:
                > Added: [ID1] Runes with fixed UV mapping by Sock

@ talisa:
                You may consider redoing your MP weapons based on Dwere's latest models from his v2.0 pack (be sure to use those from the GL branch, that's what most people will choose, anyway). According to his statement, at least the v_nail barrels have been redone "almost from scratch". I checked ingame and there are subtle, but noticable skin changes between the ID1 and MP1/2 weapons when using the model pack. In some cases, the model mesh also has a (slightly) different shape. E.g. your super rocket launcher from MP2 has a seam in the middle compared to Dwere's original model.

Now I would really like to see that Ogre added next! *.*
                Last edited by NightFright; 10-11-2016, 03:14 AM.
                Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• ill see about creating skins for the MP weapons for Dwere's updated models some time soon

Comment

• here you go:
                    Zippyshare.com - dwere weps -MP v3.zip

updated all MP weapons to use the updated 'refactored' models from Dwere

Comment

• Excellent! Even faster than expected! Thanks a lot, dear! ^^

Authentic Models Pack v1.52 (2 MB)

Changelog v1.52:
                      > Update: [SoA] Reworked classic weapons by Dwere/talisa (based on "Guns of Okayishness" v2.0)
                      > Update: [DoE] Reworked classic weapons by Dwere/talisa (based on "Guns of Okayishness" v2.0)
                      Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• Wow, "some time soon" was reeeeaaally extra soon!

Originally posted by NightFright View Post
                        Is Capnbubs even still working on it? I've been looking for a high(er)-poly replacement model and it would be perfect (should look amazing with the Reforged skin). Teamonster's is just too slim and has a plastic look a la Doom 3 that I don't really like at all.
                        Last edited by Mugwump; 10-11-2016, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• you're welcome

was able to make them quickly by just editing the textures for last version,
                          since most of the 'changes' in terms of UV-mapping were that some parts had their UV mirrored to get rid of unnecesary seams
                          Last edited by talisa; 10-11-2016, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• ive just send capnbubs an IM in second life to ask about the ogre he was making.

sorry it took me so long to poke capnbubs in SL,
                            i kept forgetting to do so cuz i constantly got caught up in other things

if i do get any kind of answer from him ill let you all know in this thread right away

Comment

• Cool, thanks!

Comment

• It looked pretty finished on the last screenshots. I can't imagine that much more than fine-tuning was left to do. As long as capn gets rid of the exaggerated jerky head movement while walking and the breathing bobbing of the whole body, there's nothing that prevents this from becoming an amazing remake of the classic Ogre.
                                Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Working...
                                X