Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit
    replied
    Maybe make the shoulders alternate their heights a bit? They seem stiff to me. The back of your animation seems still. He looks a bit like he has a "stick up his bum", as the germans say. The arms do not seem to go high enough.

The original axe position seems more plausible as he is holding the heavy bit high and kinda stable. That reduces the momentum(?)/force of the axe while he is running. Your position would give a lot of strain on the wrist.

Right now the position of the axe appears to also extend the box around the model. Since you never know what maps/mods did with models, in my opinion you should really try to recreate them as closely as possible! Less controversy = more adoption.

By the way, you are impressing a lot of the faithful people who allegedly hate everything new. Kudos!

Leave a comment:

• capnbubs
    replied
    Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
    Try holding a large, double bladed axe like that, in one hand with the head pointing slightly downward, for an extended amount of time. Then try to run with it like that. The quakeguy must have enormous strength in his arms and hands.

Tbh the original has the same problem, that axe should be held in two hands while running or scaled down a lot.
    That is actually why I animated him carrying it in a manner that you would carry a very heavy object. When carrying something heavy in one hand you will tend to keep it fairly steady when running so as to expend the least amount of energy. I chose to keep the animation one handed because I think it gives a much better silhouette in that pose which makes it easier to read at a distance, and it still retains the Quake guys threatening appearance.

I may scale it down a bit, but I don't want it to lose it's visual impact in comparison to other elements in the game.

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
    Try holding a large, double bladed axe like that, in one hand with the head pointing slightly downward, for an extended amount of time. Then try to run with it like that. The quakeguy must have enormous strength in his arms and hands.

Tbh the original has the same problem, that axe should be held in two hands while running or scaled down a lot.
    I was thinking the same thing but didnt wanna complain too much

Leave a comment:

• FifthElephant
    replied
    I just registered to say I love these models. Excellent stuff! I got them working in DirectQ but my preferred engine is Fitzquake, is there a trick to getting them work in that?

Leave a comment:

• golden_boy
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X