X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NightFright
    replied
    A new version is available!

Download Authentic Models Improvement Pack v1.7 (5.1 MB)

Changelog:
    > Added: [ID1] Chthon by Chillo
    > Added: [ID1] Enforcer by Chillo
    > Added: [ID1] Grunt head gibs by Chillo
    > Added: [ID1] Ogre by Chillo (with osj's skin edit; head gibs by sock from "Arcane Dimensions")
    > Added: [ID1] Scrag by Chillo
    > Added: [ID1] Teleport Sphere by Chillo
    > Added: [ID1] Vore (original ID1 model) with idle animation by Seven
    > Added: [ID1] Zombie by Chillo (skin edits by NightFright)
    > Added: [ROG] Multi-Grenade Ogre by Chillo (with osj's skin edit; head gibs by sock from "Arcane Dimensions")
    > Update: [ID1] Bloodshot's Fiend model with original ID1 skin (no glowing eyes)

Notes:
    > Chillo's head gibs for the Ogre deviated too much from the original model, so I used sock's version from AD which stays close to the ID1 model.
    > Chillo's zombie was not bloody enough, so I added at least a bit of dripping blood at the bottom of the mouth, just like in the ID1 model. The gibbed head did not have any blood at all, changed that.
    > I decided to undo the glowing eyes on the new Fiend model after all and go for the original ID1 skin without any edits.

Important:
    If you use Fitzquake Mark V, you need to know that any build higher than 1.27 rev. B (i.e. 1.28 and higher) crashes with the Ogre and Fiend models. Baker has been notified and promised to fix the issue asap.
    Last edited by NightFright; 03-19-2018, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    Well, apparently sock is more active than capnbubs, so hopefully something will happen! I'll try to get a new version together soon, with much less models missing than before.

*EDIT*
    For now, I guess sock's version of the ogre does not help, even with edits, since it's using animations that deviate from the ID1 version quite a bit.
    Last edited by NightFright; 03-19-2018, 07:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    hehe afraid i have extremely little experience with using regular quake mdl,
    beside something as simple as swapping out a skin or adding a skin

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    I wouldn't replace anything that's already in the pack. These models are really good and mostly use the original skins or some that look very similar to them. That's what this project is about. Unfortunately, the Fiend is currently causing Mark V crashes since build 1.28, but hopefully Baker will fix that.

What's still missing in the pack is what I am after. Chillo's Chthon, Enforcer, Scrag and zombie are quite good and could be added. As for the ogre, Sock's Arcane Dimension model would be great, with some modifications (should pad removed, MP2 skin added). Maybe I'll contact him about it so he might do these adjustments. Or maybe you, talisa, if you feel up to it. ^^
    Last edited by NightFright; 03-19-2018, 06:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    chillo actually has remade a whole bunch of monsters
    https://twitter.com/DanielWienerson/...91068422709249

dog, fiend, knight, enforcer, grunt, chthon, scrag, ogre, shambler, zombie

and he's also made a bunch of misc objects, like gibs and projectiles.

the fiend from bloodshot thats currently in the pack is better though imo
    imo skiffy's shambler is also better-looking than chillo's shambler

chillo's dog..... well, its great but different. its much more creepy and ghastly than the default rottweiler.
    could always include it as an optional replaement for those that might like a different-looking doggo?

also, the latest update chillo did to his ogre is quite... different. he added a hook-nose and elf-ears to the ogre.
    an earlier version which oscj linked here is much nicer imo
    http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-help...-in-quakespasm
    Last edited by talisa; 03-16-2018, 05:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    Well, that's certainly an interesting find! Thanks for the link! What's great about this is that head gibs and the multi-grenade skin for MP2 are already included. I have tried to test this with the latest DirectX build of Mark V (1081) and it crashes to desktop, though. This may happen due to the complexity of the model (has 1290 triangles according to QuarK, which seems to be a bit high). Needless to say, I can only add this once it is sure that the model can be loaded by all vanilla-style ports. Baker has been notified about it, let's see what he has to say.

Checking the Quaketastic file repository, I see that Chillo actually made quite a bunch of interesting other remakes besides the Ogre, need to check them out:
    - Chthon (boss.mdl)
    - Enforcer (enforcer.mdl/h_mega.mdl)
    - Scrag (wizard.mdl)
    - Zombie (zombie.mdl/h_zombie.mdl)

Chillo made more models, but their skins are unfinished:
    - Death Knight (hknight.mdl)
    - Spawn (tarbaby.mdl)
    - Vore (shalrath.mdl)
    Last edited by NightFright; 03-16-2018, 08:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• osjclatchford
    replied
    Forgive the necrobumping but for someone just getting back into quake after a long period of absence I must say that the models I've seen in this thread have blown me away. I was a dark places user before (with all bells and whistles) but I'm now limited to the quakespasm engine. As such this type of work is perfect for such an engine user. More details (which we all crave) but nostalgia intact aspects! Just would like to know if there is a compilation of this and other of these mid poly models with a more intact bestiary ( I'm sure I've seen ogres and enforcers somewhere when searching before now) I've grabbed the one above with the weapons and items etc... It's great but just wondered if there was more?

*edit*
    I just found this: https://www.youtube.com/redirect?red...&v=c1eGMYlL_NY ogre remodel

fits in well!

vid
    https://youtu.be/c1eGMYlL_NY
    Last edited by osjclatchford; 02-04-2018, 02:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ceriux
    replied
    Thank you ill be aure to download them after work.

Leave a comment:

• Twy
    replied
    Originally posted by ceriux View Post
    Does anyone still have these models? share please?!
    Compilation of all models from this thread iirc:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...XdCQm1YU3lFMWs

Made it like months ago.

Leave a comment:

• ceriux
    replied
    Does anyone still have these models? share please?!

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    So... has anyone managed to get in touch with Capnbubs about that ogre?

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Hello PRIMEVAL,

You can contact capnbubs in many ways.
    He works on XCOM 2 mods since some time now.
    Capnbubs has accounts at: Twitter, Steam, Deviantart.
    You can even support him at patreon.

He is a nice guy and will surely share his work if you want.

Best of luck,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    I havent gotten any response at all from capnbubs in response to my message that i sent him in second life
    asking about the improved ogre he was doing in the past.

Leave a comment:

• PRIMEVAL
    replied
    Hate to bump, but just curious on how this project is going? Probably my favorite mod for Quake as I like to keep things Vanilla but with a little "spice" to it. Excited to see the finished Ogre.

Leave a comment:

• vegetous
    replied
    Ok, thank you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X