No announcement yet.

Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me this amount of detail on the characters feels right for the detail of the levels they are seen in. There are other reasons too, such as ease of rigging and animation, but the main reason is that it's simply a stylistic choice on how I prefer Quake to look.
    That's good, because I feel the same way. I don't like HD textures and all that, because it alters the game's atmosphere too much for me.
    I would love to have more detailed levels, though.

The new dog looks amazing. I don't know if I can shoot that poor thing, it's so cute *aawww*
    The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Almost done with the animations for the new dog. Just wanted to show off the run in the meantime!

Comment

cant wait till its done and i can try it in-game

the flopping ears is a nice little touch
        adds some realism

like the little touches you add to models you make, like also that you made the grunt drop his weapon upon dying
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Beautiful work (:

I have to keep playing Quake.
          Sorry if my english isn't clear, is not my native languaje.

Comment

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! That is so cool.

I love the updated content, which is sometimes HiDEF, but I still like it to look like I'm playing Quake. I'm not a purist by any means, but when you try to make Quake look like Doom 3 etc, it's cool and all but not for me.

Actually, I think I'm beginning to like almost everything here everyone does!!! Hehehe Or appreciate it may be more correct.

Thanks again capnbubs
            Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

I'm having a slight problem with exporting this guy, for some reason some of the colours are coming up as fullbright pixels in the game. I'm having difficulty working out how to fix it.

EDIT: Never mind I worked it out, packing him up now
              Last edited by capnbubs; 03-17-2013, 08:29 PM.

Comment

The Dog and grunt are now both included in the pack. Link in first post has been updated and I'll post it here too for convenience.

Authentic Models Pack

Comment

capn', didn't you retexture the doggie? Or did I misunderstand the back n forth postings? I mention this as there is no skin included in the .zip. Sorry if I got this wrong. - damage_

EDIT: I tested it out too... just really great schtuff!
                  Last edited by damage_inc; 03-17-2013, 08:56 PM.
                  Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

just tested it in-game. wows once more, brilliant work
                    its perfect in every way! just like the original, but slightly more detailed and without the flaws and with good texture-mapping! i absolutely loove it

question though... could you include the new texture and UV-map for your dog perhaps?
                    so that someone could use your texture to make a hi-res texture for your improved dog model
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Sure, can do.

Damage - the texture is contained inside the .mdl file.

It seems I didn't fix the fullbright issue, I just tried it again and I'm still getting fullbright pixels on the blood and the teeth :C

I'll reupload as soon as I can work out how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
                        Sure, can do.

Damage - the texture is contained inside the .mdl file.

It seems I didn't fix the fullbright issue, I just tried it again and I'm still getting fullbright pixels on the blood and the teeth :C

I'll reupload as soon as I can work out how to fix it.
                        I forgot about that until after I posted, sorry.

Comment

Ok, everything is fixed and updated. Zip file contains the newest fixed version now.

Edit: made a small update to the dog texture to add a bit more visual interest, was finding it a little flat.

Comment

oh nvm about me asking for the texture. didnt know you could put a texture into a blender file

opened the blend and figured out how to export texture.

btw its also neat that you included the original dog in the blend file, so you can see a side-by-side comparison of how it looks and how the animations match perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                              oh nvm about me asking for the texture. didnt know you could put a texture into a blender file

opened the blend and figured out how to export texture.

btw its also neat that you included the original dog in the blend file, so you can see a side-by-side comparison of how it looks and how the animations match perfectly
                              I've included the texture as a .tga now anyway, the file size is tiny so this saves people the effort of exporting!

My favorite animation is the pain animation when the dog rolls over. I changed the timing a lot and I think it looks a lot better.

Comment

just was looking at it again and thought i saw some flaw in the mouth, and decided to take a closer look an noticed you even gave your remade dog a tongue

thats awesome, that you even think of such details like adding a tongue in the dogs mouth

Comment

Working...
                                X