No announcement yet.

Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats such a perrrfect replacement capnbubs, thanks. The animations are great now, and "fixing" the aesthetically disproportional "skinny" legs is FANTASTIC! This goes in ALL my QUAKE/mod directories.

Thank again,
    - damage_
    Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

This looks great! While there are some really good looking high-poly models out there, sometimes going HD is too jarring and you lose the rose tinted glasses effect by having something completely different. Sometimes subtle is better, and this is a good example! I hope to see more from you.
      Below is a comparison of the original Grunt model and the capnbubs model with the reforged skin.

Edit: As a sidenote, the newest version of this model does not work with the reforged skin, but I edited this post to include a link for one that is compatible. Please note that this model is not edited by me, it merely uses an older version of the model made by capnbubs.
      Link to older version of grunt model that supports reforged skin
      Mirror
      Mirror 2
      Last edited by DeadTenor; 02-11-2014, 09:40 AM. Reason: added link

Comment

This is great, thanks a lot!

I'm planning on doing the dog and the player next.
        The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.
        - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

yeah i like it. looks nice to have some medium-poly model which uses original skins
          also i agree with seven that the added nose is a nice touch, as well as the grunt dropping its weapon is also a very nice touch

keep up the great work
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I see you want to make “Brutal Quake” mod ...
            While working on models you could also make custom gibs models for each monster: arms, legs, chests, weapons, etc.
            No, wait ! There is no “could”, you totally have to
            Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
              While working on models you could also make custom gibs models for each monster: arms, legs, chests, weapons, etc.
              actuaklly killerquakepack already has custom gibs like that for all monsters
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Very nice work! Shame about the vertex wobbling though.

Please add a readme file to the zip!

And please please release your source files (the skeleton!) so others can build upon your work just as you built upon id's.
                Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

what DOESNT KQP mod already have haha
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
                    I was actually thinking of doing custom animated models so you could blow the top half of a grunts torso off and watch the rest flop to the ground for instance.

Comment

Heh, your imagination reach much further than mine apparently. Not a surprise really, I am boring person
                      Your mod will be glorious and complete monsters models pack is what I am looking forward the most. The Grunt is great.
                      Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
                        I was actually thinking of doing custom animated models so you could blow the top half of a grunts torso off and watch the rest flop to the ground for instance.
                        this i like.
                        My Avatars!
                        Quake Leagues
                        Quake 1.5!!!
                        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Chainsaw, chainsaw them in half!

Comment

I'm trying to do a remake of the dog model but the original texture map is a nightmare. It is really horrible =/

I might go right ahead and just paint a new texture map for it.

Comment

Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
                              I'm trying to do a remake of the dog model but the original texture map is a nightmare. It is really horrible =/
                              yeah thats why i listed the dog as one of the models which imo needs an improved version most, cuz the original has seriously terrible UV-mapping

really amazing that ID seriously shipped something as horribly mapped as the dog in the state it is in

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                                yeah thats why i listed the dog as one of the models which imo needs an improved version most, cuz the original has seriously terrible UV-mapping

really amazing that ID seriously shipped something as horribly mapped as the dog in the state it is in
                                I know right, when I saw it again recently I had to wonder how something like that got into the finished game, it looks like placeholder art.

I've UV unwrapped my new model and I'm going to have a go at repainting it to match the aesthetic of the original. I'll post some shots when I'm done.

Comment

Working...
                                X