Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
    Ah I see what you mean, my intent was that he is kind of lazy and making an exaggerated effort at pulling the chainsaw. I always thought of the ogres as big slobbish angry creatures.

Thats exactly what i saw in the walkcycle. Also he DOES have a heavy head..just LOOK at that thing!

I think its great the way it is.

Glad to see you're still working on the models.
    A full set will be awesome to work with for future mods.
    Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

• I like the walk cycle ; when i see his head wobble and mouth open i can almost hear it growl! Your work is truly inspirational.

I hope someday you find yourself in a nice game studio, working on a game full of your own creations.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• I love his appearance now, excellent work on ALL of the models so far! I personally feel a medium movement between the head movement you have and something less would work. I've always been a little annoyed at the original idle animations though more than the walking of any of the monsters. It seems too drastic and spastic to be real. I'll take it though as it was the original way they were created. As always it comes to personal tastes

Keep up the excellent work and please keep us updated with your excellent efforts!!

Comment

• Very nice model and animation!
          Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

• Maybe reduce the head movement a bit, but not by much. It gives a nice extra touch to the model, making the character look even more massive than it used to do before. I especially like that you gave him stronger legs. The Ogre always looked a bit too human almost with those thin ones he had before. A job well done!

PS: I hope you also think of the Multi-Grenade Ogre from MP2 while you are at it. It's just a minor reskin (give him a MUCH brighter clothing while you are at it - to keep them apart more easily), so you can provide both models at the same time. ^^
            Last edited by NightFright; 01-10-2014, 06:49 AM.
            Authentic Models Pack
            OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
            LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• Hello capnbubs,

... just when I almost gave up hoping.
              Your rush in and made our day !
              Thank you a lot.

The details you put in him and his animation is again, outstanding.
              I love the moving dress below his belly. As well as his mouth.
              Incredible...!

Comment

• Hi all! What I've always wondered in idle animation of ogre, it's unnatural breathing. He jerks while the whole body (Or he is listening music on iPod?). Maybe he'd better head from side to side turning?

In general, much better looking than the original. Hires textures will also look great on it.

Comment

• ..So nice returning to the forums here for a visit to discover you have returned recently. Excellent work as before! Very exciting stuff for such an old game. Thanks again capnbubs.

Originally posted by capnbubs View Post

Just finished the walk cycle.

Comment

• Thank you so much for this awesome project!

Comment

• Ditto, keep up the good work.

Originally posted by TR2N View Post
                      Thank you so much for this awesome project!

Comment

• Special request @capnbubs:

I am using the Zeus bot. It uses the player model, and since it is based on the original, it overwrites your improved version again when used.

Would it be possible to provide a bot model based on your version? I guess it requires an updated bot skin as well, and I don't know if you have the time or motivation to do it. It would be great since I hate to lose the improvements you applied to the player model when using this. (And btw, this bot is an axe master, so it would really make sense with the axe on its back! ^^)
                        Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• Originally posted by NightFright View Post
                          Special request @capnbubs:

I am using the Zeus bot. It uses the player model, and since it is based on the original, it overwrites your improved version again when used.

Would it be possible to provide a bot model based on your version? I guess it requires an updated bot skin as well, and I don't know if you have the time or motivation to do it. It would be great since I hate to lose the improvements you applied to the player model when using this. (And btw, this bot is an axe master, so it would really make sense with the axe on its back! ^^)
                          Hi, I haven't looked at how zeus bot works but it might be as simple as replacing the model they added with the one that I made. I could take a look for you when I'm not working

Comment

• cap' i think what he means is your first version of the player model had the original skin dimensions. Meaning you could take any of 1000 custom skins and apply it to your player model. You then made a second version which brought the gun in closer and straightened up his back, but you reconfigured the skin layout.

So, what NightFright is asking is if you can take your second updated player model and revert the skin configuration to be compatible with all the custom skins available for quake. I myself and pretty much every other player who uses your model only uses version 1 since it doesnt break custom skins. It would be awesome to have your second model compatible, even if its not a modern way to have a skin layout.

www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• Zeus uses the player.mdl with a new skin at pos 1 for the bot.

You can open up that file in Qme or Quark, export the skin, save it, then import it into the new alternate player model....done.

Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
                              Hi, I haven't looked at how zeus bot works but it might be as simple as replacing the model they added with the one that I made. I could take a look for you when I'm not working

Comment

• Yeah, it's that easy if you use the first version of the new model. But actually my request was about what R00k stated. And for that, you would need to recreate the Zeusbot skin so that it matches the one capnbubs did for his second release.

I cannot ask you to do this if it's just me who wants this, but personally, I am only using capn's models by now, so for me, it would be a great thing to have. ^^
                                Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Working...
                                X