No announcement yet.

Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in new versions I will make sure I include both updated skins and old skin layouts.

The reason I changed the skin layouts is so that I could fix all the nasty visible seams and stretched textures you get with the original layout. The option to choose will mean people that want to use hires/alternate skins can do that, and the people that want an authentic look can use my new skins that are an improvement on the old quake ones. Best of both worlds

Comment

• Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
      Best of both worlds
      Hello capnbubs,

You know how to make us happy.
      Thank you very much !

Comment

• Your Ogre looks amazing

The only thing I could complain about could be that in the original he had cloven-hoofed goat feet and your version has these claw-like toenails. For me, the Ogre always was like this anthropomorphic pig creature.
        The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.
        - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

• Some guys from QuakeWorld.nu were trying to make a HD skin, compatible with your model. And aparently, your model will be supported in the next oficial build of ezQuake!

QuakeWorld.nu - New quake models
          Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

• That is awesome to hear vegetous!

Comment

• Not sure if this was already mentioned, but chase_active the model while swimming under water. The animation still looks like hes walking on the ground doesnt it? Thats the only drawback I can see, otherwise very nice work. Theres also a player swim model, and I wonder if thats in any way compatable to be merged into this one so it swims? Looking forward to next version....

Comment

• You just made my day, I can't believe this is still being worked on!!!

I was gutted really because the ogre is my favourite enemy in the game, now that you're working on it I can rejoice! Plus, you know there is a mod called monster match? This would be wicked to play with new models!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCCTh0Ab_90

Comment

• You just made my day, I can't believe this is still being worked on!!!

I was gutted really because the ogre is my favourite enemy in the game, now that you're working on it I can rejoice! Plus, you know there is a mod called monster match? This would be wicked to play with new models!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCCTh0Ab_90

Comment

• I do think these are huge improvements, but the more I look at the grunt and player model, the more something bugs me. You dedicated polies to the pockets, but none to the kneepads! I'd like to formally request you throw a few verts in that direction to give the kneepads some dimension. If you would be so kind, I would be very appreciative
                    Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

• also, you're soldier has some missing vertices in his face-area.
                      And are the updated uv maps included in the blend file? i only see the classic ones, im not sure how to access alternate uv maps (or if its even possible to save multiple uv maps in a blend file). But it would be a shame to have only the blend files with the classic uv maps. Makes it a bit difficult to use the updated skins.

Comment

• Hello gnounc,

capnbubs made several updates since his 1st release.
                        I downloaded several (but I do not think all of them).

You mentioned the soldier:
                        Only in his last release (21.3.2013) you will find the soldier with the NEW uv-mapping/model.
                        The older releases (18.3.2013 and before) only has the soldier with the OLD uv-mapping/model.

The older soldier model (just like the older player model) can be used with any existing "High Res" replacement skin for the regular Quake soldier / grunt.
                        The .blend file is also included in the 18.3.2013 release for capnbubs "older" soldier remodeled file.

The uv-mapping file for new soldier is included in his 21.3.2013 release.
                        If this is what you were asking for... i am not sure if I understood you correctly.

Comment

• It's a complaint on a fairly high level, anyway. These models are superb and superior to the originals in pretty much every possible way. Maybe they could have even more detail, but TBH, I don't need that. Just finish the rest of them in the same style eventually, please! ^^
                          Authentic Models Pack
                          OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                          LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• It's a complaint on a fairly high level, anyway.
                            compliment?
                            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• I got the download from the link on the first post in this thread. If thats not current, then neither is my download copy.

I see the uv map pngs, not sure if those can be loaded into blender as actual uv maps. If not, I dont know how to get the new uv map, because the original idstyle is the only one that shows.

Comment

• Hello gnounc,

I am sorry, I am not a big help for you as I am not experienced with blender.
                                But at the same time I am also suprised that our members with more blender experience do not help you out...

Anyhow, as you know, there are a lot of blender tutorials available. If you search for "uv blender" you will find a lot.
                                This one is maybe what you need (but as mentioned, there are also several others)
                                As far as I understand, as the model is already finished textured, it should be quite easy to unwrap the model in blender and get your uv-map file. Maybe its even in another layer already.

Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X