Two Trains ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Trains ...

Train A, traveling 70 miles per hour (mph), leaves Westford heading toward Eastford, 260 miles away. At the same time Train B, traveling 60 mph, leaves Eastford heading toward Westford. When do the two trains meet?

[If you are from Belgium, use meters per hour instead. And substitute "waffles" where necessary.]
    Last edited by Baker; 03-14-2006, 05:23 AM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

70 / 260 = 3.61 (3.61 hours)
    60 / 260 = 4.3 (4.3 hours)

and then uh, subtract 3.61 from 4.3 and get .69. i'm stuck here. whats 69 percent of an hour? like... 42 minutes?

Comment

I like to just assume that when two trains meet, you probably dont want to be thinking about mathmatics.
      "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Nice try Amon, but the correct answer is

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

also take in acount that the earth is rotating west to east so there's the
          walking up an escalator theory...

148.5714285714285714285714285715 miles from westford
          Last edited by R00k; 03-15-2006, 12:17 AM.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Lets just test that theory...

Comment

Working...
            X