how did you end up here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how did you end up here?

does anybody have an interesting story about how they ended up here? (it goes without saying many got here just looking for quake help )
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

I used to be on TLTQ until that went down, then everyone migrated to signed.net, and that went down so now we're here.
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

I use to troll the quakeboard.net forums pretty hard to the point I got banned for life by Jackhole( or whatever his name was).

Mindz introduced me to QuakeOne.com and I've been troll'n my way to the top ever since!
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
        does anybody have an interesting story about how they ended up here? (it goes without saying many got here just looking for quake help )
        I've actually been here more than once, I signed up at these forums during the alpha stage of testing, and then some sort of 'thing' happened and I lost some trivial amount of time in the Join Date..due to having to sign back up.

(obviously, lots of quake was being played in between these time frames)

even tho my referrer was Baker and I had been 'on board' since even before Quakeone.com existed,lol. This was also just prior to the explosion of activity that happened in the CA community, mostly thanks to CA+ being retired and CAx being adopted as the new go-to mod for Clan Arena. There was nights that the fn server would remain full for hours on top of hours , 8v8 on Q1EDGE. Now I'm fokn MAD. TDM SCENE Y U NO PLAY 8V8?!? jesus christ or john carmack never intended for quake to be 4v4 MAX.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

For me it was really down to Baker (yeah blame him ). I was playing on I think it was either Fear or Shmack and got talking to Baker about textures and how to get more our of your quake experience. He suggested that I might like to come and hang out at a new site they (Sole, Baker, Yellow No5, etc) were building and the rest, as they say, is history. In those days there was a working downloads section which was great for enhancing your Quake and plenty of guides to help guide you through the usual Quake questions.

Happy days.

Mr.Burns
          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
          WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
          Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

LOL

At first it was to get some help with getting quake to run a mod on my wii
            then about a year later i got hook on quake after seeing the hd and smc stuff on youtube and wanting to learn how to mod.

Comment

not really a very interesting story, but here goes...

few years ago i bought the quake collection off of steam when it was on sale.
              i knew there were clients with fancy stuff for duke3d and doom and heretic and hexen, and wondered if there was the same done for quake.

i remembered a few years before i had downloaded and played transfusion, a remake of blood multiplayer part in darkplaces, which i remembered was actually a quake client as the readme said, and i knew it had fancy stuff like RT lights and such.
              so i searched and found the darkplaces site and found rygels HD pack(old outdated crap i know)

then I noticed there was still a lot of stuff missing and such, and i went to search for more stuff through google,
              and one of first results in google was quakeone.com
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Well long story short, hubby wanted me to celebrate my birthday & I didn't want to, so he made a a post having quakers email me one year so I signed up to say thanks & never looked back

thanks Mindz <3

http://mysticcreations.yolasite.com/

Comment

I think chad or someone told me to look here lol..ya not interesting..but U.O.E.N.O.
                  Rambo[RuM]
                  I support:
                  Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
                  Qrack - Thank You r00k
                  Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
                  Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

I was researching all the different open source ways to make 3D games. This was actually my last choice. All of the other ways seem too spread out. Everything here "basically" all revolves around one game. Putting together a developer pipeline for Quake can be done very easily. Developing with (ex) Ogre or Panda is not at all straight forward.

Also, learning QC is like memorizing a memo in comparison to learning C or Python. Radiant is also probably the best map editor, ever (imo). As far as I am concerned, Radiant nailed the GUI, navigation & customization features.

I am working on something at the moment and I decided that the end result will be so different that my thing deserves it's own gamepack (.game) in radiant. I was able to build an entire working gamepack in radiant, completely stripping everything Quake from it (including basegame) in like 10 minutes. I think I've pretty much mastered radiant in an install/setup sense. I'm always amazed at how versatile you can make it from the outside.
                    Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-08-2013, 10:06 AM.
                    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
                      does anybody have an interesting story about how they ended up here?
                      I came from a planet called Raf***askagez. It is located in another galaxy (10,999,999,999 miles from Earth.) I saw a Quake ad, so I used a space-ship to come here...

Actually, I searched for "Quake" on google.com.
                      "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

I wanted to use DarkPlaces to record a video of "The Seal of Nehahra" myself, read that it supports OGV output (Theora+Vorbis), and played a bit; was disappointed that recording the demo stopped after the first chapter (intro.dem); looked for a list of other demo names.

Found a post by GiSWiG where he promised to publish a list. More than a year ago. Had to reply when I found a list in online published sources.

Now I'm recording chapter by chapter while replying here... or the other way round. Depends.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                          I use to troll the quakeboard.net forums pretty hard to the point I got banned for life by Jackhole( or whatever his name was).

Mindz introduced me to QuakeOne.com and I've been troll'n my way to the top ever since!
                          I'm gonna have pull out the ban hammer here then!

Comment

This is the forum I ended up the most on when looking for quake related goodies.

So I decided to join this one.

The end.
                            twitch
                            wew lad

Comment

I have an interesting story about how I found this place. Hrmm where to begin... well, I made the site with Baker and Yellow and whoever else was involved in the initial starting of it way back when.

Comment

Working...
                              X