Texting is a joke...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R00k View Post
    im only on this text trip cause youth is dying from something so simple.

it saddens the fuck outta me.

no joke.
    People said that about television back in the 1960s and 1970s. And they said that about calculators and spell check.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

lol Baker, um go fly a kite.

‘Texting was an issue’ in Cass County crash that killed 16-year-old girl

Read more here: ‘Texting was an issue’ in Cass County crash that killed 16-year-old girl - KansasCity.com

i dont know when someone died using a fuckn calculator.
      Last edited by R00k; 05-21-2013, 09:19 AM.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

‘Texting was an issue’ in Cass County crash that killed 16-year-old girl - KansasCity.com
        I think main contributing factor would be the "16 years old" part, maybe a couple of months driving experience.

Kids have got run over wearing headphones and otherwise being unaware of their surroundings. They should outlaw texting while driving just like cell phone use while driving.

Nothing new there.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

with great power comes great responsibility.

we all are responsible.

she was more adept in texting than driving.
          my heart goes out to her family for any kind of solace.

Comment

It could have been worse, she could have run over someone else's kid while driving.

A car is probably the most dangerous weapon in the history of mankind --- hear about the old guy that ran over 50 people over the weekend? --- , maybe they need to update driver education with a sheet that goes like this:

STUDENT DRIVER:

1. Should you text while driving? YES | NO
            2. Should you talk on phone while driving? YES | NO
            3. You know if you run over someone doing #1 or #2, you'll have to carry that guilt the rest of your life?
            4. You know if you manage to kill yourself in a car, your parents will have to carry that the rest of their lives?

Comment

i wasnt making a point of what could happen if.

i was making a point of what happened because.

thus stickin to the topic.

get your own soap box.
              Last edited by R00k; 05-21-2013, 01:52 AM.

Comment

I think they probably talk about distracted driving in driver's ed these days.

What the girl did was reckless... and she struck another vehicle as a result.

If she had lived and the truck driver died, that's vehicular homicide.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                  A car is probably the most dangerous weapon in the history of mankind
                  By far more than all wars combined!

Comment

Originally posted by Planetnine
                    I doubt it is a car but it depends on how you are defining it. The most dangerous weapon as in the most lethal? Or as in the how many human lives it has taken since it's conception?
                    The last one.

The car stories that bother me the most are one involving a toddler getting backed over by a parent.

Somehow the "old person" who ran over 25|35|50 people stories bother me less. I guess because if you are in public, there isn't the same "taking safety for granted" as being at home.

Comment

we all are responsible.
                      It's a pity more people don't appear to take this notion of accepting responsibility and acting accordingly more seriously. The impact of not doing so for the sake of a text can be devastating, widespread and extremely long lasting. It's difficult to envisage anything on a day to day basis that can't wait a minute or 2 for a driver to park up safely and respond or wait until they get to their destination.

/2 cents worth
                      Last edited by Mr.Burns; 05-22-2013, 05:29 AM.
                      Mr.Burns
                      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                        texting + hanging out with other friends = disrespectful to your friends.
                        Thank you for bringing this up... I find the behavior very rude and inconsiderate. When someone does this, it's kinda like he/she is saying: "You're boring. My cellphone is more important than you are."

Too much texting promotes bad spelling and grammar. I'm not very picky on spelling and grammar (I think that content is more important). Nonetheless, spelling and grammar DO have an impact on one's comprehension of a message.
                        "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Well I don't usually text and drive. However if I need to text or call, I just park in any paking lot first.

Comment

Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
                            Nonetheless, spelling and grammar DO have an impact on one's comprehension of a message.
                            Didn't they mostly make up [INSERT ANY LANGUAGE] as they went along.

1) Knave, gnat? Silent "k" in knave. Silent "g" in gnat.
                            2) Phenom? So "ph" = f.
                            3) Magic or Magick? Labor or labour? US vs. UK.
                            4) Frog -> Frogs, Deer -> Deer, Matrix -> Matricies, bacterium->bacteria, Sky->Skies. Very inconsistent.

Is it $1,000.00 (US) or $1.000,00 (Most of Europe)?

Grammar and spelling are just made up. And they will change in the future, just like how languages die.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                              We also didn't have video games holding our hands 100% of the way.

I'm a 15th Prestige (highest possible rank) on Black Ops 1 and I still get onscreen indicators saying "If you wannt sprint hold down **** button"

ridicules.

We also didn't have 9,000 buttons to work with, we had 1! and a joystick.

And we had to blow in most of our games to make them work! and when they did we'd still get glitches and artifacts.

Hell we only had 8 bits to work with so we also had to have a lot of immagination.

Games today have been sissiefied to the point a small child could beat them since most games are adopting the "regenerating health" BS, yet you cry for realism.

There were no cutscene button combo bullsh!t half-assed mini-games, you only got 1 game and you didn't get another until you finished that one! No Steam to download demos or new games instantly on a whim.

Intro movie? maybe if you were lucky you'd get some 15 second Bink video that looked like ass and left 90% of the game up to your imagination and that was at the peek of gaming for old school gamers from the 80's early 90's

Kids today have it way to easy with your X-Stations and Playbox 320s.

When I was your age we used to play Atari and love the shit out of it! (Berserker anyone?)

We also didn't have the internet so we couldn't just *click-click* and cheat from getting cheat codes off the net! we had to accidentally find cheats or go to our local library (yea a real library that's outside! OMG!).

But today kids play a game and whine because "It's to haaaAAaaaard.." It's not hard you're just so conditioned to having everything done for you that you think wiping your own asshole clean of shit is hard.

IN MY DAY GAMES DIDN'T END THEY JUST GOT HARDER.

Stop your whining! It could be a lot worse!

This was our playing field!
                              River Raid was my shit
                              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                              X