X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texting is a joke...

Ron: "Hi Paul, how are you?"
    Paul: "I'm good. How are you, Ron?"
    Ron: "I'm great. Can you please give me a minute? I have to text my friend..."

*But 5 minutes have passed and Ron is still texting...*

*10 minutes have passed and Ron is still texting*

Paul is thinking to himself: "Hey Ron, I'm going to take that cellphone and I'm going to shove it up your butt!"

===

Message to Ron: Why don't you just talk to your friend directly? Talking saves time.

Talking > Texting
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Ron Paul is kind of geezerly, so I'm not surprised it might take him 20 minutes to text message.

Hell, he probably needs 45 minutes just to take a dump, unless he cheats with the "adult diapers" thing many seniors do.

But this exceeds the scope of my interests and I'll leave it to you to conduct further investigations of that topic. So you can report back on that at your leisure.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

SMS (Short Message Service) started Waaaay back in the 80s.
      it crept into our computers with services like MSN, ICQ etc...

the worst idea they ever made was to include sms service in a phone.
      Thats like getting a TV, that only has subtitles.
      just recently a 16 year old girl in this area died in a car wreck on her phone
      they found a lengthy text message.
      hey forget gun laws, lets create more alternate tech that kills people...
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

you get busted bigtime if you tex and drive around hear. i hate tex just call me if you wanna tock and say hay im gonna come over so we can tock.

Comment

It's spelled "t a l k" and "t e x t" and "h e r e" actually when u write a message here on this forum and see a word underlined with a red squiggle, that means you misspelled a word.
          Which is the only good thing about texting, as it lets you know.

Comment

Texting is just fine and has it's usefulness I can't tell if you guys are just "old dogs that can't learn new tricks" or simply incompetent with simple communication!

EX: A friend and I are getting together and I'm driving to his house. I get a late start and he's wondering where I am???

Friend - "you leave yet?"

ME - "yeah, there in 5" [ USING voice to text ]

Friend - "cool"

A phone call is not needed for such little communication. Also, somethings don't need an answer right away, they can wait until the person has time to reply! Get it?
            Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

^your friend is needy and impatient.

LOL!
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

new tech makes people lazy and stupid.

back in the day we had to go chop downa fuckn tree pull off all the raw leaves, strip the fn bark split it, then build a stone pit, and say some kinda blessing, then pile the wood
                rub a fuchn stick on a rock just to make fire, get a blanket, and then count between covering the fire to send a message

ya, then came rotary dail !!.

respect older people who fuckn paid ma'bell those capital funds to provide u with your cellular-manhood.

Ok, seriously. any thing that could be sent as a text, from the user point, could be a voice messsage. Watch, in years to come this will be standard and will cost more. omg i have to pay more to send a voice message?!?! yes. the general public gets caught up with the conformity of the majority. without reason from the why to begin with other than everyone else has it.
                if u can push a button talk, send that msg to a friend, they hear a bling, listen and reply. wow how difficult is that?
                well for the company orchestrating all that, its more data and costs more money for themselves. and more price for consumers. therefore now we are in the 1980s of tech for smartphones, and
                because underdeveloped-frontal-lobe kids are eating this up like monkeys and bananas, it become a monkey see monkey do. duh.

Woot stupid is as stupid does. dumbasses..

got a phone call someone, if what u have to say isnt worth calling, wait until u get home or somewhere without risk.
                Last edited by R00k; 05-20-2013, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                  new tech makes people lazy and stupid.

back in the day we had to go chop downa fuckn tree pull off all the raw leaves, strip the fn bark split it, then build a stone pit, and say some kinda blessing, then pile the wood
                  rub a fuchn stick on a rock just to make fire, get a blanket, and then count between covering the fire to send a message.

We also didn't have video games holding our hands 100% of the way.

I'm a 15th Prestige (highest possible rank) on Black Ops 1 and I still get onscreen indicators saying "If you wannt sprint hold down **** button"

ridicules.

We also didn't have 9,000 buttons to work with, we had 1! and a joystick.

And we had to blow in most of our games to make them work! and when they did we'd still get glitches and artifacts.

Hell we only had 8 bits to work with so we also had to have a lot of immagination.

Games today have been sissiefied to the point a small child could beat them since most games are adopting the "regenerating health" BS, yet you cry for realism.

There were no cutscene button combo bullsh!t half-assed mini-games, you only got 1 game and you didn't get another until you finished that one! No Steam to download demos or new games instantly on a whim.

Intro movie? maybe if you were lucky you'd get some 15 second Bink video that looked like ass and left 90% of the game up to your imagination and that was at the peek of gaming for old school gamers from the 80's early 90's

Kids today have it way to easy with your X-Stations and Playbox 320s.

When I was your age we used to play Atari and love the shit out of it! (Berserker anyone?)

We also didn't have the internet so we couldn't just *click-click* and cheat from getting cheat codes off the net! we had to accidentally find cheats or go to our local library (yea a real library that's outside! OMG!).

But today kids play a game and whine because "It's to haaaAAaaaard.." It's not hard you're just so conditioned to having everything done for you that you think wiping your own asshole clean of shit is hard.

IN MY DAY GAMES DIDN'T END THEY JUST GOT HARDER.

Stop your whining! It could be a lot worse!

This was our playing field!
                  Last edited by Phenom; 05-20-2013, 07:46 PM.
                  QuakeOne.com
                  Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                  Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                  Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Ahhh... I see now! "You" guys alllllways have ALOT to say... no wonder you all have 'texRage Prolly not enough characters per message for you to get fulfillment! haaahahahaha
                    Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Originally posted by damage_inc View Post
                      Ahhh... I see now! "You" guys alllllways have ALOT to say... no wonder you all have 'texRage Prolly not enough characters per message for you to get fulfillment! haaahahahaha

Texting + driving = fool's game
                      texting + eating = disrespectful to others
                      texting + shitting = ....that's cool.
                      texting + hanging out with other friends = disrespectful to your friends.

Basically if you're not just texting then you're doing it wrong!

I'm not against texting and I do it all the time. But the dangers and disrespect it can bring are just bullshit.

Also I don't like it when people "live in their phone". Pay attention to whats going on around you!
                      QuakeOne.com
                      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                      Great Quake engine

Comment

Damn, what's on the chopping block NEXT!!! Posting on a fuggin' forum! Afterall, it's almost freakin' texting! And YES, I've seen people post from their PHONES!

You bunch of dinosaurs :-P Get out of the tar pits, you're sinking... itzzzzzz TWENTY THIRTEEN... we don't have to walk uphill in the snow twenty miles to school anymore!!!
                        BAREFOOT!

Comment

you bunch of dinosaurs :-p get out of the tar pits, you're sinking... Itzzzzzz twenty thirteen... We don't have to walk uphill in the snow twenty miles to school anymore!!!
                          Barefoot!
                          we rocketjumped to and from school in boiling lava! Uphill! both ways!
                          QuakeOne.com
                          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                          Great Quake engine

Comment

Damn, what's on the chopping block NEXT!!! Posting on a fuggin' forum! Afterall, it's almost freakin' texting! And YES, I've seen people post from their PHONES!

You bunch of dinosaurs :-P Get out of the tar pits, you're sinking... itzzzzzz TWENTY THIRTEEN... we don't have to walk uphill in the snow twenty miles to school anymore!!!
                            BAREFOOT!
                            lol next ur gonna ask for help coding a 15 year old game.

im only on this text trip cause youth is dying from something so simple.

it saddens the fuck outta me.

no joke.

Comment

There was a girl that liked me. She was cute. She also owned a phone. Apparently her phone had magic spells, cause every time it lit up or made noise - she HAD to see what it was. She was cute. I wonder if she is still dating her phone.

Meh, only facebook knows.
                              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                              X