So, how many of you liked Quake 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, how many of you liked Quake 4?

I my self enjoy it. I love the mp and the single player. The single player is so much better if you use the Quake 2 music mod, the mp is really fun and I can't wait for the new maps and the 1.1 final patch. What did you guys think of it? YOU did play Quake 4 right?
    Yes.
    47.06%
    No.
    23.53%
    Haven't played it YET.
    29.41%

I have Quake 4, and I LOVED the single player. I just love the ending where the commander guy says, "Kane, you have a new mission" and then the Makron laughs evilly. That is so sinister. I cannot wait until the expansion pack.

I've played multiplayer maybe once in free for all, and it was OK, but after a while I got sick of it. The only online FPS I really enjoy is Quake 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
      I have Quake 4, and I LOVED the single player. I just love the ending where the commander guy says, "Kane, you have a new mission" and then the Makron laughs evilly. That is so sinister. I cannot wait until the expansion pack.

I've played multiplayer maybe once in free for all, and it was OK, but after a while I got sick of it. The only online FPS I really enjoy is Quake 1.
      at the spoiler, but I beat it too but what about the others?

Comment

I think it's great they made a Quake 4 and sometime I might even try it/buy it. I think Quake 1 doesn't really have a sequel, although Quake 3 is kinda close (and kinda not).

More perplexing, it says I can't vote in this poll. I wonder why?

*Turns head*

Yo Steve!

(Nevermind, I wasn't logged in)
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I got to play a bit of it at school and I was very impressed.

It's funny - the "Halo Players" at school suck at Quake. I had to show them how to strafe to avoid attacks.

One even said, "I don't like scary games like this. Halo isn't scary."

Just shows how 'courageous' us Quake players are.

4 LIFE!

Comment

I got it and I like the singleplayer mode but not the multiplayer. In fact, the only multiplayer games I really like is Quake 1 and America's Army. All the other Quake games have been disappointing to me (the online game).

Comment

Same here... Yeah, LOL , I had a friend at my house playing quake 4, and he would NEVER strafe, even though I kept telling him to strafe. And he wondered why he kept dying...

Comment

Geez, I'm still putting around with D3. When I finish that, I'll go out and buy Q4 and give that a spin.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

I played it on my xbox 360 and I loved it. There was an issue with FPS at some times, but still playable. I was stuck on the baby-looking flying boss(2nd to last), but I was able to kill it, after 2 hours. The last boss was easy for me cuz I saved up my ammo for the Dark matter gun thingy.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                    are you kidding right? that was the most pathetic ending of a game EVER.

it was like "zomg! we can now make an expansion for this crap.. or even better: another sequel!".

i didn't pay for Q4, the SEQUEL of Q2, to find out it ends just like it starts, did i? i actually didn't.. i downloaded the game from the net.

..the only smart choice regarding Q4.
                    one quake to rule them all.

Comment

Don't tell me that you play Quake for the story... Wasn't the story for Q1 about a guy in a movie theater going through a time warp to battle Quake?

Comment

Something like that.

I want to say it was originally something about a terrorist group that codenamed their operations "Quake", or the name of the leader was "Quake".

Check the manual for your game - it says it all in there:

You get the phone call at 4 a.m. By 5:30 you're in the secret installation. The commander explains tersely, "It's about the Slipgate device. Once we perfect these, we'll be able to use them to transport people and cargo from one place to another instantly.

"An enemy codenamed Quake, is using his own slipgates to insert death squads inside our bases to kill, steal, and kidnap...

"The hell of it is we have no idea where he's from. Our top scientists think Quake's not from Earth, but another dimension. They say Quake's preparing to unleash his real army, whatever that is.

"You're our best man. This is Operation Counterstrike and you're in charge. Find Quake, and stop him ... or it ... You have full authority to requisition anything you need. If the eggheads are right, all our lives are expendable.."

While scouting the neighborhood, you hear shots back at the base Damn, that Quake bastard works fast! He heard about Operation Counterstrike, and hit first. Racing back, you see the place is overrun. You are almost certainly the only survivor. Operation Counterstrike is over. Except for you.

You know that the heart of the installation holds a slipgate. Since Quake's killers came through, it is still set to his dimension. You can use it to get loose in his hometown. Maybe you can get to the asshole personally. You pump a round into your shotgun, and get moving.

Comment

And of course the storyline changed while you're IN the game. Quake becomes Shub-Niggurath, ect.

Comment

I always thought that you would have to fight QUAKE sometime...

Comment

Quake is the codename for Shub-Niggurath

If you like story, watch Nehahra (4 hour Quake movie), it gives Quake a real nice story.

Comment

Working...
                              X