No announcement yet.

So, how many of you liked Quake 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Nehahra movie account of the Quake story is good, but not official. I would like to believe that Shub-Niggurath wasn't Quake and that either there was no such thing or that Shub-Niggurath was only a very small part of a very large dimension.

Is there anything official that means I can't think this? Because I've always felt an awesome Quake sequel (Quake 5) would be a return to the Quake dimension and the monsters (no cyborgs, robots, stroggs, aliens ... just incomprehensible monsters) and whatever instigated the Quake incident, the source had not actually been identified and IS BACK to do it again.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Yeah, I admit, I have been intrigued by Quake's story. It's monster are much more interesting too. Organic creatures, rather than flesh, bone, and metal.

Comment

Monster, if you want to fight Quake (Shubby) you can do so at FvF. After shub's put you fight either Chthon or Shub. The map is E1M7 and who you fight depends on your skill level. If you're currently in "hard" or "hyper hard" you fight Chthon. If you are in "nightmare" or "hyper nightmare" you fight Shub. They actually have HP and you actually need to get about 5 guys in there to kill thwm. You can do it yourself, but it's hard... and you die alot.
        e|------------------------0---------------
        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
        A|---------------0------------------------
        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

yeah it is alot of fun pumping lead into chthon!

Comment

There's a blind corner near the start where chthon and shub can't hit you but you can hit them. Mage takes full advantage of that spot.

and if you're a Fighter/Knight against Shubby all alone... well now...

Comment

I played Q4 pretty much from start to finished and it was quite enjoyable, I didn't really enjoy the vehicle bits, think they were a bit shoddy but overall fun fragging. I liked the bit when the big boss was doing the think, at the place, through the level (hidden spoiler :p). The end fight was a bit bleh as was the ending, but will get the expansion.

I found myself waiting to be scared after playing d3 but it didn't happen much. Oh yea didn't play it again after completing it..

Comment

Doom 3 didn't scare me much at all. If it can't scare a 14 year old, who can it scare? Only a few parts in the game were scary, same with the expansion.

Comment

Working...
                X