Erols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erols

So I work for a non-profit organization that has an ecommerce site selling office supplies, tools, janitorial supplies, etc. Today we got an order from someone with an @erols.com email address... just had to share cause it made me smile when I saw that

aww

I remember that place!
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

ya i live in Kansas so I would ping 80ms there or 70ms in cali.... So i played both coasts all the time!
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Use to play at Erols all the time. I pinged 250+ from Florida back then. When i got my DSL i got 100-120

Comment

does anyone remember where erols server was located?

Comment

^ welcome to Quakeone.com
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by davedavis View Post
              does anyone remember where erols server was located?
              Washington, DC

Comment

good ctf times there

Comment

I playeda couple games of ctf on trinicom today, with Gandalf and his son
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
                    good ctf times there
                    I dont recall EROLS running any CTF servers. They had several TDM ports.

Comment

pretty sure they had a pub ctf

Comment

Yes pub ctf! I think they had a slower hook though? Or the 3wav style hook on the pub ctf... if i remember right...

Comment

I used to CaX it up there !
                          I also remember a weird runequake server with guided missiles around that time ????
                          WARNING
                          May be too intense for some viewers.
                          Stress Relief Device
                          ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                          ---------------------------
                          .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                            I playeda couple games of ctf on trinicom today, with Gandalf and his son
                            Is Trini still running server modules 3.3.12? I think that is where clan 1999 was born. I really liked the hook there as opposed to the really fast one in 3wave. I hope to get in a game or two when I get some time. (We're trying to sell our house. Got both kids out and we're trying to downsize before they come back!)
                            *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dilligaf View Post
                              Is Trini still running server modules 3.3.12? I think that is where clan 1999 was born. I really liked the hook there as opposed to the really fast one in 3wave. I hope to get in a game or two when I get some time. (We're trying to sell our house. Got both kids out and we're trying to downsize before they come back!)
                              I'm not sure, but I can confirm the hook is still toned down. That part we differ on, as I preferred the fast hook over the one at Trini. Funny thing though I refused to play 3wave servers simply because it required downloading stuff. In the early days, if the mod wasn't purely serverside I refused to fool with it.

pretty bone headed move IMO, consider I missed out on some of the best CTF back in the day when it was hella active.

Comment

Working...
                              X