Need some help with a game server for Minecraft cpanel and mcmyadmin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with a game server for Minecraft cpanel and mcmyadmin

I decided to get a server started for minecraft, to add some extra crazy sauce on this, It is a game that I have never even played in my life. Don't get me wrong, I have heard of the game just never thought of it in that way, but my nephew explained how much was involved and got me interested in learning. Now I need some help, from all the people here that can help me... so... Fast-Forward: I used fragnet.net for the minecraft game server account, I downloaded minecraft version 1.8 client, and no clue how to downgrade or make plugins work or any of that crap... With the server administration the biggest problem I have is that, I don't know how to assign administrator permissions, so I just gave my nephew the cpanel un/pw that I use which if 2 people are on it knocks one of them off.. I need to be able to give other admins their own admin accounts, that they cannot change the username or password that I set for them... I need to make sure security is stepped up... Also I want to know if there are any programs client-side or whatever that will work as a standalone way for me to be able to admin the server, and would work on my Desktop Pc, i pref windows if at all possible, but am not opposed to linux.. I would need it to be something very powerful that would give me a lot more options for admin control functionality over all areas of the gaming server's website cpanel mcmyadmin limitations, and gives me options and cool features... or just anything like.. Another important thing that I need help with is that the server is still set to a numbered IP address given to it along with a port number, and since I already have domain names through godaddy, I didn't want to use the suggested fragnet domain that I would have to pay extra for, especially if i could avoid it... Basically I wanted to some how (*keep in mind I have limited knowledge esp. here*) use my godaddy domain that I already have and make a sub-domain for the ip number including the port number, add in the right dns and proxy it :/ I haven't tried this yet nor do I know how, every article I found was from people who already bought fragnet domain, and tried add/forward it through a godaddy domain. I don't even know how to join the game as an administrator or to obtain ingame admin status while playing, I know i could always go back to the webpage, but I should be able to have admin status while in game..... So, if anyone has experience with operating a game server or similar knowledge, and doesn't mind helping me with the steps im missing or sharing some things that may help me, It will be greatly appreciated.

Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

my brain, it's melting
      please press enter after each sentence

oh, my brain begs for a glass of ~blood.

dear brain,
      im sorry to neglect you ...

Beer
      Last edited by R00k; 11-19-2014, 10:15 PM.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Thanks for the helpful advice ****s

2 typing nazi's down, anybody else?.. I know some of my words are in english blah.. i need help with 2 things that have to do with a minecraft game server, User Permissions to set a very basic config, I get an error every time I click it saying worlds are not default..

[spacebar] <-- continue to dissolve, you stepped into this Fukushima toxic text trap by choice. #stalemate.

the other thing is i wont to make a godaddy domain i have registered for newbiesafehaven.com using {sub} eg. minecraft.newbiesafehaven.com

right now it is a server ip# with a port# , eg. 127.0.0.1:6024311

the webpage Fragnet.net - Premium Hosting of Minecraft Servers. High performance game server hosting of game titles like BF3, MOHW, CSGO and 45 different other titles - FragNet | Built for Gamers. gave me an option to register the domain with their chosen service which cost extra money...

o0o(so)ooo I had the question of how to make that possible without messing anything up or is that possible?

Comment

I made it as simple as possible this time, If anyone has any advice other than how bad I am with writing, or telling me to read the manuals, and Is someone who doesn't mind working with me to sort this out I would appreciate it. Thanks for your time, and if not then I won't waste anymore here. Give it 2 - 5 days and Moderators you have my written blessing to remove this post.

Comment

you lost me at minecraft.
            Some Game Thing

Comment

I TYPE in fancy colors and use BIG letters to make myself seem IMPORTANT!

tl;dr

either way.... perhaps its an idea to ask this at a minecraft forum instead?

yanno, since this is a QUAKE-forum...
              aka a forum about quake, not about minecraft
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

*HERE WE GO~FUCK IT, HELP FROM THE 1ST NAZI*

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVNfuaUsVjE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JglXE-uppgw[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0dtJnsec8A[/ame]

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutor...ng_up_a_server

And then I got tired of googling shit, the same thing most of us would have done to help you.

ps : fuck your minecraft couch, biatch.
                Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 11-20-2014, 05:02 AM.
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I was going to write up a long post and then said fuck it. The typing was not really worth my time as I have limited time at home, However Jamie, please look into a 'Minecraft' forum and see if you can yield better results.

Comment

Working...
                  X