shut up and play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shut up and play?

So over the weekend I got bored and played a TG @ QuakeTX.

What really gets me is I know when someone pops up in the server under an alias the first thing everyone does is try to figure out who it is. Finally I get picked to play and I do. I score well and then decide to leave. As I sit back looking at the text all I see is 'who is that?' Or 'hey namehere who are you?'.. someone called me bruce. LOL. Anyway If people would just shut up and play I would certainly play more often whether under my name or an alias. Does it matter who the person is? i have 20+ ips I can use through my provider and if I want to connect anonymously to play I dont want to be heckled by people asking who I am. Just shut up and play.

I'll share a bit of wisdom shok shared with me. Too much negativity is wasted in what should be your time that is meant to be enjoyed. He was right. If you aren't enjoying the game time you're allotting yourself then why bother?

I won't go into details, but it's pretty sound advice. Play the game to enjoy it. I am pretty sure the competitive multiplayer aspect is what keeps you around ,the same as me.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I was down for a 2nd game. Once the questions started to come flying at me I decided to leave.

only 1 person always knows who I am when I play on an alias and thats because he knows my playing style. Muller.

Comment

Well, you can't fault them. The multiplayer crowd is tightly knit, we know one another. Someone new/unknown shows up and wreck shit like this , as an anonymous person. What do you expect?

Show up as WickedLord and I guarantee they don't make a fuss about who you are.

Anyone playing anonymously in Quake has always dealt with it. You thought it was shits and giggles when you did it to me, what makes this any different?

You kinda asked for the reaction you got lol, but get mad when you get it from those guys? I don't get it.
        Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 02-04-2015, 06:08 AM.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

ps : my new favorite things in quake now days are :
          Airshot on ENDIF (exclusively on CAx, that submod.I can't seem to enjoy plain jane CA anymore)

TDM 2v2 on ztndm3 1st, ultrav 2v2 is OKAY but less enjoyable imo. DM3 3v3 > DM3 4v4.

I'm becoming one picky sob. I don't enjoy CTF anymore, mostly because of the sore wrists that ensue after even one game of it.

Comment

mindz, you obviously need to work out your wrists more.
            Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Originally posted by monoz View Post
              mindz, you obviously need to work out your wrists more.
              That's for lonely bachelors. I don't fit that criteria, and even when I did fit that criteria, it didn't take 20 minutes like CTF match mode does.

Comment

yes ctf is a manual work out. mono lubes his dancing pole daily so he is used to holding on to a game.
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                  Well, you can't fault them. The multiplayer crowd is tightly knit, we know one another. Someone new/unknown shows up and wreck shit like this , as an anonymous person. What do you expect?

Show up as WickedLord and I guarantee they don't make a fuss about who you are.

Anyone playing anonymously in Quake has always dealt with it. You thought it was shits and giggles when you did it to me, what makes this any different?

You kinda asked for the reaction you got lol, but get mad when you get it from those guys? I don't get it.
                  Its not the fact that they ask, its the fact that they dont stop asking. Even during the match they would stop playing to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                    ps : my new favorite things in quake now days are :
                    Airshot on ENDIF (exclusively on CAx, that submod.I can't seem to enjoy plain jane CA anymore)

TDM 2v2 on ztndm3 1st, ultrav 2v2 is OKAY but less enjoyable imo. DM3 3v3 > DM3 4v4.

I'm becoming one picky sob. I don't enjoy CTF anymore, mostly because of the sore wrists that ensue after even one game of it.
                    I enjoy ztndm3 over dm3 and ultrav. I enjoy airshot too.

Comment

Hey wick, reason we want to know who aliased players are is to balance teams and have a fair game, nothing more. Hope to see you out more

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
                        Hey wick, reason we want to know who aliased players are is to balance teams and have a fair game, nothing more. Hope to see you out more
                        Exactly, no sense in NAUS'ing the teams. As I said, show up in your typical alias and it won't be a thing.

Comment

Working...
                        X