The thread of Puzzles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thread of Puzzles!

SO I just made a post on Mindz thread of awesomeness, with a puzzle for the people to solve. I decided that I would make my own thread, dedicated to puzzles. So if you have a puzzle that you would like to share, post it here!

I'll start the ball rolling with this secret message!

Q V L _ U
    E O ! R E
    L E ! R _
    I V ! E W
    K I _ F A

(Please not that although it looks similar, this is not the same type of puzzle as the one I posted on Mindz thread of awesomeness)
    Last edited by Sgt-PieFace; 07-09-2015, 07:02 PM. Reason: Forgot something.

I've been studying both puzzles, but no luck. i have to snooze, on the account of work in the morning, so I'm gonna give it another go tomorrow (providing someone doesn't get it)
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Cool

Well thanks for taking a lot at 'em. Good luck solving them!

Comment

A lil' brain teaser

So here's a little brain teaser for everyone. (Please don't hate me for the crappy drawing that I whipped up. XD)

Here is the teaser: You must find out which switch controls the light incandescent light bulb. The black rectangle with the question mark is a wall that you can not see over or through (this is a top down drawing). You may do anything you wish with the switches, and anything to the bulb, however, once you go around the wall, you may not do ANYTHING with the switches.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt-PieFace View Post
          So here's a little brain teaser for everyone. (Please don't hate me for the crappy drawing that I whipped up. XD)

Here is the teaser: You must find out which switch controls the light incandescent light bulb. The black rectangle with the question mark is a wall that you can not see over or through (this is a top down drawing). You may do anything you wish with the switches, and anything to the bulb, however, once you go around the wall, you may not do ANYTHING with the switches.

I must be missing something to this task lol. What is my goal here!
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

switch 3 ftw
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Let me restate what you are trying to find, as I did not word it well. You must be able to tell which switch controls the light, and know this 100%, no matter which switch controls the light. So, if switch 1 controlled the light, you would have to be able to determine that. Same with switch 2, and 3. Sorry for the bad wording.

Comment

Switch2 because it would make the shape of a ? mark. :locks in vote:
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I'm sorry. That's not the correct answer. Please play again

Comment

is your first puzzle on this page missing an L perchance?

Comment

Oh bugger! I think it is! Crap!

Comment

puzzle 1 = quake will live forever

are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

You get all the points! I have also sent you 3 cookies vie fed ex. They should be there within 3-5 business days :3

Comment

yay, cookies!
                            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

throw the first switch,then look
                              if the light is on then 1st controls.if light is off then second controls,3rd is a fake
                              WARNING
                              May be too intense for some viewers.
                              Stress Relief Device
                              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                              ---------------------------
                              .--------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X