No announcement yet.

Looking for a coder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@gnounc The code is an asissited copypasta though.
    @Baker, I don't like these modern engines like Unity. I didn't really mean to modify the engine though, but I wanted to integrate the engine with steam at least, and add some achivements. Althought I can start with either getting a QuakeC coder, or to understand the basics of programming, where I'm still getting C's, not A+'s. All this code, even the HUD code I took somewhere is so complicated. I don't understand things. Really. Where is the healthbar, ammobar, etc...
    The question is - should I get a coder since the programming is not my stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by KenTheModder View Post
      @gnounc but I wanted to integrate the engine with steam at least, and add some achivements.
      Steam integration = engine. Achievements = engine.

Originally posted by KenTheModder View Post
      Althought I can start with either getting a QuakeC coder, or to understand the basics of programming, where I'm still getting C's, not A+'s. All this code, even the HUD code I took somewhere is so complicated. I don't understand things. Really. Where is the healthbar, ammobar, etc...
      You need to go to IRC and hang out at one of the IRC channels and make some friends.

Quake Navigator <--- the resources TAB has some IRC channels.

And probably register at InsideQC and ask questions and maybe even go to Func Msgboard and try to recruit someone in this thread Func_Msgboard: Jobs & Mappers Wanted.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Give me 1 thing you want done. I'll probably do it and upon completion I'll let you know if I want to do one more thing. By "1 thing" I don't mean an entire HUD... lol. Accurately express a possibility/function you want and I'll work from there.

If you already have a bunch of code and it is a disaster, I will volunteer to clean it up in it's entirety before we go any further. I'm not playing the "figure it out" game with the source.

I have written QC for a number of people here and otherwise and even rewrote almost the entire source from nothing/scratch. I'm not scared of whatever you want.

I'm only willing to take on singular tasks at a time for you because I am knee deep in my own project. I need a side thing though. My project is in a bunch ofother languages so, a side thing in QC would be good for a "smoke break".
        Last edited by MadGypsy; 12-17-2015, 01:02 AM.
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
          Steam integration = engine. Achievements = engine.

You need to go to IRC and hang out at one of the IRC channels and make some friends.

Quake Navigator <--- the resources TAB has some IRC channels.

And probably register at InsideQC and ask questions and maybe even go to Func Msgboard and try to recruit someone in this thread Func_Msgboard: Jobs & Mappers Wanted.
          @Baker Thanks! I will do so.
          @MadGypsy That's interesting. Feels like I'm inspired to get back to work with quake modding. I'll send you a PM.

Comment

Working...
          X